[REL] What Are Friends For - ABC Afterschool Special (1980)

loverboy

[REL] What Are Friends For - ABC Afterschool Special (1980)

Post by loverboy »   35 likes

Two 12-year-old girls going through a divorce make a pact never to divorce their friendship.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0195406/

"What Are Friends For?"
Based on the novel by Mildred Ames
Original air date: 3/19/80

Amy Warner (Melora Hardin) has just moved to California with her newly-divorced mother. On her very first day in her new apartment, Amy meets Michelle Mudd (Dana Hill). Michelle's parents are also divorced, and the two quickly become friends. At first, Michelle seems well-adjusted to her parents' divorce, but Amy soon discovers that her new pal is a little.odd. First she fills her room with hundreds of lit candles, chants Tibetan mantras, and forces Amy to vow that they will always be friends. Always. She appears to be in perfect health, but claims to contract a different exotic disease every day. Expensive items that Michelle admired in local stores mysteriously turn up in a shoebox under her bed. By the time Amy catches Michelle wearing Kiss makeup and a hooded robe while performing satanic rituals involving a porcelain doll and a bathtub filled with bloody water, it becomes clear that maybe her friend really hasn't come to terms with her parents' divorce. Can Amy help Michelle without being sacrificed on an altar with a knife carved from a ram's horn?

"What Are Friends For?" may well be the most psychotic After School Special ever filmed. Divorce doesn't just inflict an emotional blow on kids, it turns them into Satan-worshiping kleptomania-prone hypochondriacs. With its spooky musical score and its mounting sense of impending doom, this particular special is like a horror movie with all of the bloody bits cut out. This is a true oddity where the "horrors" of divorce are made all too literal.

[Image]

No excuses needed for this release........girls are a cute age & there's some nice swimwear scenes as well. I recommend this! :)
Not my rip........thanks to the original poster.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.08 Mb]

Enjoy!
emuler

Re: [REL] What Are Friends For - ABC Afterschool Special (19

Post by emuler »   0 likes

What's this, preteen horror week? :icon_1dancingban Ref: Don't Go To Sleep released today by FLL
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

emuler wrote:What's this, preteen horror week? :icon_1dancingban Ref: Don't Go To Sleep released today by FLL
Well, today *is* Halloween... though I much prefer Princesses to Werewolves!
redcat

Post by redcat »   0 likes

ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks loverboy :icon_1dancingban
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Thanks for adding the link redcat :) ...........I never thought to check out Roman Guy's blog. I remember when he used to contribute here. :(
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

And please note: Dana Hill from Fallen Angel is playing in this movie!

https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... ght=fallen

[Image]
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Dana Hill was also well known for playing Audrey Griswold :)

To bad she's now dead!
mithriandir

Post by mithriandir »   0 likes

can someone reshare it please :)?
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Resharing :) ...............it would be great if others could help out here. My evening limited upload is struggling & I've got them queued up waiting to release! :wall