[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [701.67 Mb]

Enjoy!
FLL

Re: [REL] The Clique (2008)

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Thanks for this, loverboy!
Massie Block, with her glossy chestnut hair, laser-whitened smile and ah-mazing wardrobe, rules the social scene of exclusive Octavian Country Day, a private girls' school in the wealthy suburbs of Westchester County, NY. Massie's clique, aka The Pretty Committee, includes expert shopper and logo-laden Alicia Rivera, diet fad-obsessed redhead beauty Dylan Marvil and super-smart star athlete Kristen Gregory. As their undisputed alpha, Massie is set on keeping her spot at the top.

Enter Clarie Lyons, the new girl from Florida, in a fashion don't outfit and two-year-old sneakers - clearly not Pretty Committee material. Unfortunately for her, Claire's family is staying at the guest house on Massie's huge family estate. With no way to avoid The Clique and eager to fit in , Claire's future looks worse than a Prada knockoff. But with a little confidence and a little confidence and a lot of scheming, Claire just might stand a chance.
Here's the "scene" release, with 450+ sources.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.66 Mb]
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

I noticed the STV release had popped up on Usenet in the time between me ripping this & releasing. This was a real bitch to rip, taking considerable time & I thought Sod It!.........I'll release mine anyway! :) If admin feel my rip (with obviously only one complete source) is serving no useful purpose, feel free to delete it.

Cheers!
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:I noticed the STV release had popped up on Usenet in the time between me ripping this & releasing. This was a real bitch to rip, taking considerable time & I thought Sod It!.........I'll release mine anyway! :) If admin feel my rip (with obviously only one complete source) is serving no useful purpose, feel free to delete it.

Cheers!
Great job, loverboy! Thanks for taking the time to rip! And by all means the rip will remain!! :thumbsup

I'm a little ticked as I found out about this and PRE-ordered it last week, expecting to rip it and surprise everyone with it when I got it!! :) lol!!

whatthehell... ;) Thanks again, loverboy! And thanks too, FLL with the added link! This looks to be a coolio movie!! (Inasmuch as it it's flooded with cute girls: Story-wise it's probably a standard run-of-the-mill Hollywood-factory teen fodder film...)

kev.
rmt@36

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

Well all I can say is for all of those who released this or thought about releasing this ...

THANK YOU

I saw this picture and knew I needed to have it the movie.

Thanks for making my day :onfire :icon_1dancingban :thumbsup
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:I noticed the STV release had popped up on Usenet in the time between me ripping this & releasing. This was a real bitch to rip, taking considerable time & I thought Sod It!.........I'll release mine anyway! :) If admin feel my rip (with obviously only one complete source) is serving no useful purpose, feel free to delete it.

Cheers!
Personally - not as admin - I do think the rip is pretty much wasted, given that a scene release is much more likely to stay well shared, and doesn't suck bandwidth from your rips of things which have no other sources. But that's certainly not grounds for an admin to remove a release.

I feel bad for you -- I have also spent time ripping only to have an alternative appear before I got the chance to release -- but in this particular case not so much. Cmon, you posted the rip on the same day as the DVD's official release, 2 days after the ISO hit Usenet. Waiting a few days to see if a scene release would appear would have made sense to me.
kev wrote:Story-wise it's probably a standard run-of-the-mill Hollywood-factory teen fodder film...)
Straight-to-Video, an outsider teengirl hero designed to appeal to insecure 11 year old girls as the primary audience? I think you're expecting too much from this film :) And you don't even get to see it in a cinema and enjoy the audience...
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

I agree with FLL - loverboy's bandwidth is too precious to be squandered on stuff that is readily available elsewhere.

Sounds similar to Clueless with slightly younger girls. This is so new it doesn't have much info at IMDB, yet.

Although I'm going with the iNtiMiD rip, thanks to loverboy for bringing it to my attention. :thumbsup :clap
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

FLL wrote:
Personally - not as admin - I do think the rip is pretty much wasted, given that a scene release is much more likely to stay well shared, and doesn't suck bandwidth from your rips of things which have no other sources. But that's certainly not grounds for an admin to remove a release.
I feel bad for you -- I have also spent time ripping only to have an alternative appear before I got the chance to release -- but in this particular case not so much. Cmon, you posted the rip on the same day as the DVD's official release, 2 days after the ISO hit Usenet. Waiting a few days to see if a scene release would appear would have made sense to me.
Don't feel too bad for me.......I actually get a great deal of satisfaction out of ripping/encoding & like a challenge........the more difficult, the more satisfaction.
I've been spending a lot of time trying to create a better quality release of 'The Cement Garden' & was getting pretty frustrated with the results not being to my liking when this iso release appeared on Usenet. I did actually wait a day before doing anything, expecting a DVD rip & when none was forthcoming thought 'Fuck It! - a nice easy grab, rip & release' This wasn't quite the case.
By default (usually to save a little time) I don't bother with pars...........of course this was one of the few that needed them so back to Usenet :wall All good so far, nice quality DVD but absolutely heaving with anti piracy warnings (including a tasteless movie clip with Humphrey Bogart telling us piracy is BAD for god's sake! - Can't Warner do anything better than this?) Standard AutoGK encode followed only to discover the audio is out of sync (& I mean out of sync....12000 ms worth :wall ) so another couple of encoding attempts with exactly the same result! What has happened is two anti-piracy warnings have appeared in the video stream at the start but retaining the movie audio stream, hence the problem. VirtualDub allowed me to resync the audio & edit out the offending warnings with no quality loss. I'll not bore you with the then discovery of too large an audio stream except to say start all over again! :) By this time I'd achieved a rip I was happy with but was too tired to produce screenshots so went to bed. Next morning I did them & duly released.
The issue here is obviously that I released in the knowledge there was already a better sourced rip on eMule & arguably should have consigned mine to my archives. What I propose doing (as everybody is being so damn nice about this :) ) is leaving my link for a short time (yes.......i've actually got people downloading it!) then quietly unsharing & ultimately removing it.
Come on FLL!.........I don't think anybody is going to rip & then wait a couple of days before releasing on the off chance someone else might do so. We're proud of our work & want to share it as soon as possible! :)
Maybe I'll stick to my rarer stuff......... :(

Cheers!