[REL] Prancer (1989)

loverboy

[REL] Prancer (1989)

Post by loverboy »   4 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098115/

Standard Christmas Fayre...........I'm surprised this hasn't been released already.

[Image]

Prancer is a 1989 family film starring Sam Elliott and Cloris Leachman. It was directed by John D. Hancock. It was filmed in northwestern Indiana, near LaPorte, and in Three Oaks, Michigan.Modest Christmas tale has 9 year old Jessica Riggs (Rebecca Harrell) finding an injured reindeer and nursing it back to health in the belief that it is one of Santa's. Along the way she is helped by a kindly veterinarian (Abe Vigoda), and manages to rehabilitate the town recluse (Cloris Leachman), as well as forge closer ties with her older brother Steve (John Duda) and especially her widowed father John (Sam Elliott).

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1000.01 Mb]

Enjoy!
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Prancer (1989)

Post by kev »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098115/

Standard Christmas Fayre...........I'm surprised this hasn't been released already...

It was; years ago... One more film that must've gotten lost in transition...

Rebecca Harrell was really cute [long red hair and freckles :heart ] but the story was SOO damn downbeat.. :( And not in a tearjerker sort of way, but a 'screw-the-wrists-and-just-slit-your-freakin'-throat' sorta way... :wall

Still, thanks for bringing it back to our attention! Merry Christmas!!
:onfire

kev.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

One of those birds looked like Ariana Richards
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Debaser wrote:One of those birds looked like Ariana Richards
Yes, she's in it too.. :heart She plays a friend named 'Carol'. (LOL, as in 'Christmas..' :) )

kev.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:Standard Christmas Fayre...........
kev wrote:the story was SOO damn downbeat.. :( And not in a tearjerker sort of way, but a 'screw-the-wrists-and-just-slit-your-freakin'-throat' sorta way... :wall
Yep, that pretty much describes most family Christmas movies.... :icon_hu
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

FLL wrote:
kev wrote:the story was SOO damn downbeat.. :( And not in a tearjerker sort of way, but a 'screw-the-wrists-and-just-slit-your-freakin'-throat' sorta way... :wall
Bah! Humbug. :)

Just watched Four Christmases 2008 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369436/ (sorry,just a poor TS release; got to wait a bit for the dvd). Relatives from hell. :argue :icon_biggrin2
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

FLL wrote:
You'll probably end up grateful for Downbeat Stories & Standard Christmas Fayre after my next seasonal offering................I'm summoning up the courage to release it! :)
emuler

Looking forward to it, loverboy. :onfire After Black Christmas, anything else would be an improvement. :bigups

btw. what's with the weird spelling 'fayre'? You going medieval on us? ;) :think Perhaps a bump on the head like the old guy in Treasure Island Kids? :cool
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

emuler wrote:btw. what's with the weird spelling 'fayre'? You going medieval on us? ;) :think Perhaps a bump on the head like the old guy in Treasure Island Kids? :cool
Well I could come out with some old claptrap about going back to my medieval roots but I guess I've simply been rumbled by the spelling & punctuation police! :)
........and you really WILL think I've banged my head & lost the plot with my next release I promise you! :wall :wall :wall :wall :wall ....coming later! :)
emuler

:onfire :onfire :onfire Come on, put me out of my misery. My eMule is just sitting idle; only uploading, nothing downloading. :bigups