[REL] The Last of the High Kings (1996) [Ireland]

emuler

[REL] The Last of the High Kings (1996) [Ireland]

Post by emuler »   0 likes

aka Summer Fling
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116833/
[Image]
A coming of age story for people who don't usually like coming of age stories, unfortunately renamed for American audiences a Summer Fling, which it is not about at all. Nor is it really much of a coming of age movie, in the sense the strongest character is the proddy hating Irish Catholic mother, played by Catherine O'Hara, a red haired overly political passionate nutcase who steals the movie from the kids. The kids, by the way, are interesting, amusing, and not idiotic, like those found in most Hollywood comedies. I found the movie entertaining and I appreciated not being patronized. If you're looking for something light, a little Irish, and a pleasant way to pass the time, check this out.
16 year old Christina Ricci has a small but interesting role. The others (Emily Mortimer and Lorraine Pilkington) are past it for FLM, but Emily Mortimer is cute. :onfire
Two younger girls have minor roles (sister of lead actor and sister of Christina Ricci).

If anyone is interested I can release this.
emuler

Re: [REL] The Last of the High Kings (1996) [Ireland]

Why IMDB classifies this as country: Denmark is totally beyond me. :bigups Set in Ireland, actors from Ireland and USA, shot in Nova Scotia, Canada.

Anyway, a few screenshots:

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

The version I have is 1 hr 42 min 46 sec which makes it the USA release. The UK version is a couple of minutes longer. Wonder what they cut? :think :think
household

Post by household »   0 likes

Yes please emuler. I'm sure i've seem this - but would be good to see it again :cool
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

emuler wrote:Why IMDB classifies this as country: Denmark is totally beyond me. :bigups
I'm presuming because the production company is Danish. I'd probably favour putting it in unlisted (Ireland). How about it admin?
Thanks for this emuler........I'll go for it too. Keep it warm until the 28th! :)
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   6 likes

emuler

Added to my shared folders. Same link. :thumbsup

At least my upload seems to be working. Downloading sucks atm. :wall
rmt@36

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

Thanks for this,