[REL] Where The Lilies Bloom (1974)

loverboy

[REL] Where The Lilies Bloom (1974)

Post by loverboy »   35 likes

A couple of interesting ones coming up........here's the first.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072401/

[Image][Image]

While the title may mislead one into thinking that Where the Lilies Bloom is a picturesque outdoors family film, the story is pretty strong stuff, not altogether suited for younger children. When their father dies, four backwoods kids hide the fact, lest they be separated by the authorities and shipped off to foster homes. Julie Gholson, the oldest of the children, assumes the "parent" role, proving a formidable opponent for landlord Harry Dean Stanton. Much to everyone's surprise, Stanton turns out to be one of the good guys. Where the Lilies Bloom was adapted by Waltons maven Earl Hamner Jr. from a novel by Vera and Bill Cleaver. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

[Image]

File Name .......: Where The Lilies Bloom 1974 loverboy edit.avi
File Size .......: 1,197.81 MB

Duration ........: 01:37:08
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1474 KB/s
Resolution ......: 512 x 384
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.33:1
Framerate .......: 29.970 FPS

Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 249 KB/s (VBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

Quality-wise you could compare this to an excellent VHS rip or an average TV one. Apparently it's Sat - VHS - DVDR - XVID. Sounds horrible but I think it's pretty good. I've simply edited the video & corrected the audio sync. My thanks to the originator MrAtomic.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.17 Gb]

This is a great movie..........Enjoy It! :)
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Where The Lilies Bloom (1974)

Post by kev »   0 likes

Great movie, loverboy.

I've got this one on VHS and have been waiting for YEARS for it to be released on DVD...

It's amazing how much CRAP on a week to week basis they release to DVD while great movies such as this one float in video limbo... :wall

kev.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

kev wrote: I've got this one on VHS and have been waiting for YEARS for it to be released on DVD...

It's amazing how much CRAP on a week to week basis they release to DVD while great movies such as this one float in video limbo... :wall
Quite right.........there is still a lot of overlooked stuff out there.
It's not a DVD rip kev.............but if all you've got is a tired VHS copy you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. :)

Post by Guest »   0 likes

:) I have seen it on TV - it's great.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:It's not a DVD rip kev.............but if all you've got is a tired VHS copy you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. :)
Hmmm... :think

You talked me into it... Knowing this wasn't a DVD rip, I initially wasn't downloading it. BUT on your recommendation, I'll give it a try. :thumbsup

My VHS copy IS pretty worn and I've never replaced it as new copies [hell, even old ones now] are pretty high priced. There's a few 'squiggles' though out the movie that have always bothered me, so hopefully this file will produce a somewhat better product.

You can find bootleg DVD's for a fairly reasonable price, but knowing that I can make pretty good bootlegs myself with a decent .avi file, I'd rather save my $$ on sight-unseens until a legit DVD comes down the pike... ;)

Thanks for releasing, btw! :) As usual, I'm constantly impressed by your unique releases. Please, keep up the great work!

kev.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks loverboy! Always good for surprises ;)
loverboy

Thanks for your kind comments guys! :clap
I like these rare/almost forgotten gems that seem to come my way. Unfortunately there are some real turkeys amongst them (How about 'Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny') that are deeply dreadful but perversely, seem to be very popular here! Ask emuler how much of Santa & the ICB he's uploaded.........I'll bet there are not too many members who'll hold up their hands to grabbing this piece of nonsense! My most popular upload by far recently has been Eugenie/Erotismo, despite my warnings of dire quality. (so much so I had reservations about whether it should even qualify as a release!) I've still not grasped yet what is likely to be well received here so I'll simply attempt to be as honest about the content & in particular, the quality as possible. I'm also finding direct image uploading to be a more reliable indication of quality than postimage..........as long as admin have no objections I'd prefer to do this but will obviously limit screenshots & resolution.
I play around with a lot of my releases.........not for the sake of it but only when I feel I can make a noticeable improvement. I'm obviously not going to do this with existing well sourced ed2k releases simply to produce a slightly improved rip but on single source material I will usually have a go. 'Where The Lilies Bloom' was one that was bugging me...........despite being a basically good rip, it had been clumsily edited at the beginning & end with the audio sync annoyingly 150m/s adrift. All fairly easily rectified with little or no deterioration of quality.

Cheers! :)
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:Thanks for your kind comments guys! :clap
I like these rare/almost forgotten gems that seem to come my way. Unfortunately there are some real turkeys amongst them (How about 'Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny') that are deeply dreadful but perversely, seem to be very popular here! Ask emuler how much of Santa & the ICB he's uploaded.........I'll bet there are not too many members who'll hold up their hands to grabbing this piece of nonsense! My most popular upload by far recently has been Eugenie/Erotismo, despite my warnings of dire quality. (so much so I had reservations about whether it should even qualify as a release!) I've still not grasped yet what is likely to be well received here so I'll simply attempt to be as honest about the content & in particular, the quality as possible. I'm also finding direct image uploading to be a more reliable indication of quality than postimage..........as long as admin have no objections I'd prefer to do this but will obviously limit screenshots & resolution.
I play around with a lot of my releases.........not for the sake of it but only when I feel I can make a noticeable improvement. I'm obviously not going to do this with existing well sourced ed2k releases simply to produce a slightly improved rip but on single source material I will usually have a go. 'Where The Lilies Bloom' was one that was bugging me...........despite being a basically good rip, it had been clumsily edited at the beginning & end with the audio sync annoyingly 150m/s adrift. All fairly easily rectified with little or no deterioration of quality.

Cheers! :)
Amen to that LB. Not sure you're on to this, but we're basically a cult. Your hard work and commitment deem the respect of an occult leader. As an accomplished rare film collector and video enhancer, you deserve a following such as every great master. :bigups
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:I'm also finding direct image uploading to be a more reliable indication of quality than postimage
Can you elaborate on this a little? I was under the impression that when you uploaded an image to Postimage, a thumbnail was displayed on the forum, but clicking that thumbnail would take you to the original, unaltered image that was uploaded. :think They say they have a 4MB limit per image, so I would not expect that they are tampering with the original image in any way.
loverboy

emuler wrote:
loverboy wrote:I'm also finding direct image uploading to be a more reliable indication of quality than postimage
Can you elaborate on this a little? I was under the impression that when you uploaded an image to Postimage, a thumbnail was displayed on the forum, but clicking that thumbnail would take you to the original, unaltered image that was uploaded. :think They say they have a 4MB limit per image, so I would not expect that they are tampering with the original image in any way.
You are probably right. I did a little experimenting with uploading images to postimage & my regular upload site & could see absolutely no quality difference at all. I was just very disappointed in the first set of screenshots I produced for 'Chrissa Stands Strong' but all seemed so much better with the second lot uploaded to my usual site & direct linked. Maybe I was unlucky with the frames I captured first time round or maybe........................
Amadeus wrote:Amen to that LB. Not sure you're on to this, but we're basically a cult. Your hard work and commitment deem the respect of an occult leader. As an accomplished rare film collector and video enhancer, you deserve a following such as every great master. :bigups
.............best we don't fuck with the occult.:icon_evil2

[Image]