[REL] The Tie That Binds (1995)

Rich

[REL] The Tie That Binds (1995)

Post by Rich »   0 likes

FLL

Re: [REL] The Tie That Binds (1995)

Post by FLL »   1 likes

Russell and Dana Clifton (Vincent Spano and Moira Kelly) are a childless professional couple who adopt a disturbed 6-year-old named Janie (Julia Devin) in this dramatic thriller. When Janie's birth parents (Keith Carradine and Daryl Hannah) -- both violent outlaws -- are released from prison, they decide they want their daughter back. Now, nothing will stop them in their terrorizing quest to find their daughter.
This is one of those movies which is polarizing. The same set of user comments had
Edge of your seat nail biter, that borders on exploitation at times in its depiction of a child in danger. The film is well acted though and is very suspenseful.
and
This is a really boring movie. I found it to be very slow and predictable. The acting was just OK, nothing special or memorable. There is not much mystery or thriller either. Crazy murderous parents loose their daughter during one of their schemes and tries to get her back from the family that adopted her. We had to force ourselves to stick to the end. Do NOT waste your precious time on this one.
My own opinion is closer to the second, I thought the completely psychotic nature of the villains was a bit over the top, and the movie took a long time setting up the suspense, when it was obvious what they were building to. Only one scene really got to me. But a disclaimer: this isn't really my preferred genre, I tend to skip this sort of thing so I am no real judge. The cast was strong and the adult acting was overall competent if a bit uninspired. The fact this is rare says something about how the general public received it.

Julia Devin as Janey is adorable but doesn't have to do much even though she is the focal point of the movie and is in most scenes. One newpaper review said
The film has only one point of charm, and that's the little girl. Actress Julia Devin has an expressive face, and you can see her thinking throughout ``The Tie That Binds,'' flashing on some gruesome memory, worrying that her birth parents will find her. She gives the best performance here, but it's too much to expect a little kid to carry a picture.
According to IMDB she didn't act again after this movie. Washed up at the age of 6!

[Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

My rip.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.22 Mb]

File Name .......: The Tie That Binds (1995).DVDRip.XviD-FLL.avi
File Size .......: 700.22 MB

Duration ........: 01:38:35
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 877 KB/s
Resolution ......: 640 x 352
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.81:1
Framerate .......: 23.976 FPS

Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 115 KB/s (VBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
Language: ........: English
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

I remember this one. The title is taken from a hymn 'Blest be the tie that binds' which the adoptive mother Moira Kelly sings for the little girl. IIRC the kid had a few teeth missing, which made her recitation of the poem 'Firefly' a lot more interesting than it would otherwise have been :inlove

Thanks for this, FLL. :icon_1dancingban
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks FLL!

I'll give it a try ;)
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Same here, thanks FLL!! :dance
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

What a doll. :inlove

[Image]...[Image]
I knew I remembered the teeth! I'm not sure I agree that she doesn't do much. She has few lines, sure, but those eyes do a lot of talking.
Loved the 'fight' scene in the police station at the beginning. Very John Wu. :clap :icon_cool4
The real parents are a little over the top - OK, way over the top - but if you accept the fact that there are a lot of really weird people out there, the rest is quite enjoyable. :thumbsup