[REL] The Wizard (1989)

loverboy

[REL] The Wizard (1989)

Post by loverboy »   3 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098663/

[Image]
Amazon.co.uk
Less raunchy than Tommy and more conventional than Tron, The Wizard also revolves around gaming. There's even a Bridges on board. In Tron it was Jeff, in The Wizard it's Beau. As opposed to the rock opera's pinball-playing "deaf, dumb, and blind kid," however, quasi-catatonic Jimmy (Luke Edwards) is a video game wiz. While the nine-year-old lives with his mother, half-brothers Corey (Fred Savage, circa The Wonder Years) and Nick (Christian Slater, fresh from Heathers) live with their father, Sam (Bridges). When Jimmy, who recently lost his sister, is placed in a home, Corey busts him out for a trip to California. (Today, Jimmy's condition would be labeled post-traumatic stress disorder.) As they're leaving Utah, they join forces with gaming enthusiast Haley (Rilo Kiley's Jenny Lewis), who suggests LA's National Video Game Championships. So, off they go by foot, skateboard, and the kindness of strangers. Sam, Nick, and obnoxious bounty hunter Putnam (Will Seltzer) are close behind. The outcome may be a foregone conclusion - the fractured family makes their peace - but The Wizard still offers a nostalgic, Nintendo-laden look at 1980s gamer culture (Power Glove, Super Mario Bros. 3 and so on). Plus, sharp-eyed viewers will spot Toby Maguire milling around before the showdown at Universal Studios Theme Park. If not for the hitchhiking, gambling, and reckless automotive destruction - after Putnam takes a knife to Sam's tires, Sam smashes his headlights with a shovel - the movie would be appropriate for all ages. In other words, it earns its PG rating. --Kathleen C. Fennessy

Synopsis
Refusing to let his young brother be put into an institution, Corey grabs him and takes him on the run. Joining forces with a resourceful girl they discover Jimmy's talent for video-games and decide to enter him in the Los Angeles National Video Games Championship, whilst trying to avoid parents and a child hunter.
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: The Wizard 1989 DVDRip.avi
File Size .......: 1,493.50 MB

Duration ........: 01:40:03
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1895 KB/s
Resolution ......: 640 x 352
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.81:1
Framerate .......: 23.976 FPS

Audio Codec .....: FAST Multimedia AG DVM (Dolby AC3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 192 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

Excellent quality DVD rip.........not mine.........usual thanks to the original ripper.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.46 Gb]

Enjoy!
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] The Wizard (1989)

Post by kev »   0 likes

Very nice movie with Fred Savage in his kiddy heyday and also starring Jenny Lewis who's debut film 'Trading Hearts' has been requested [ https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... ing+hearts ] but never found yet... Never been released to DVD yet.. But you'd think there'd be a VHS rip floating around somewhere... :think

kev.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

thanks all i have is a glitch laden vhs rip.i am always looking for an upgrade to my collection. :thumbsup
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   6 likes

Time for an upgrade to this fun movie. Very nice HDTVrip 720p

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

[Image]

Torrent - http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8119603/ ... _x264-BiRD

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.10 Gb]

Enjoy
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Thanks, PTg. :D I think I missed this one when it was released earlier.