[REL] The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (2008)

emuler

[REL] The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (2008)

Post by emuler »   4 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914798/

[Image]
Set during World War II, a story seen through the innocent eyes of Bruno, the eight-year-old son of the commandant at a concentration camp, whose forbidden friendship with a Jewish boy on the other side of the camp fence has startling and unexpected consequences.
Very good boy movie. Nice addition to the concentration camp genre. Highly recommended. :thumbsup There is an elder sister (about 15) in a supporting role.

[Image]

[Image]

More details here:
http://sharethefiles.com/forum/viewtopi ... 7&t=133874

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.06 Mb]
loverboy

Re: [REL] The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (2008)

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Thanks emuler.......I'd actually lined this one up myself but you beat me to it!
I watched this last night & it also gets my recommendation. Flawed...........yes, but overall a brave show with a real sting in the tail & likely to feature in future award nominations.
There have been other movies dealing (more accurately) with the subject of the holocaust but probably none as seen through the naive eyes of 8 year old children. This is a movie that older children can (and should) watch & I'm guessing may well be incorporated in the education curriculum.
Personally, I found the clipped English accents throughout rather false........obviously better than phoney German accents but I'm wondering whether I would have preferred this in the native language with subtitles. I could always try watching it with the German audio stream & English subs :)
Should anyone wish, I have subtitles I can rip & release.
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

Please do so.. Hope i find german-audio dub or something.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Subs are available (including HI) at opensubtitles. :thumbsup
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes