[REL] The Water Babies (1978)

Rich

Post by Rich »   29 likes

Les Enfants De L'eau... hope the title is wrong and it's Enfant d'eau, L' (1995) http://imdb.com/title/tt0112961/ as requested somewhere, and i really hope it's not the water babies :wall

Like this post to see ed2k links  [907.41 Mb]

1 complete source :think
Rich

Re: Les Enfants De L'eau

Post by Rich »   0 likes

it's the water babies :icon_1whip
Rich

Post by Rich »   33 likes

The Water Babies (?)

[Image]

Pretty sure this is mostly animation, but may be worth a look at the following links...

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.43 Gb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.43 Gb]

:think
FLL

Re: The Water Babies (?)

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Quite clearly http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078477/ (unless you have the wrong cover picture).

An IMDB comment gives info about the plot and the several versions which these links might be:
An orphan boy named Tom (Tommy Pender), who works for a pair of shady chimney sweeps, is falsely accused of stealing from the mansion where he is working at by Mr. Grimes (James Mason) - the real thief - and goes on the run. Tom's only alibi is the niece of the mansion's owners (Samantha Gates, a slender, blue-eyed blonde, with long, wavy hair, who I'm sure was the primary reason why I repeatedly watched this as a boy). He and his dog jump into a river and a witch turns them into water breathing cartoon characters! While underwater, he befriends and rescues a group of water breathing children known as water babies from a shark.

A very interesting and always fascinating fable, set in 1850, that should appeal to all children. The animation (42 minutes of the 85 minute HBO VHS print) is just average, but it's preferable to most modern day animation - even computer animation! My only real gripe is a plot hole caused by a deleted scene. At 42:06, after the first verse of "High Cockalorum", the film cuts to a scene with octopi swimming, followed by Tom and Jacque's encounter with Terence. This leads to a scene in which the killer shark (voiced by Mason) leads our heroes into a trap. The shark then greets Tom with, "Young Tom, so nice to see your ugly mug again" - but this is the first time in HBO's print that Tom meets the shark! Most reference books list the running time as 92 or 93 minutes, and it was previously available from Sultan Entertainment and Nelson, so it's very likely that HBO's print is edited and / or time-compressed. Adding insult to injury, MGM released a fullscreen, 76 minute print on DVD in 2002! Let's hope a restored version appears in the near future.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: The Water Babies (?)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

The first link Rich posted is still alive, the second one isn't. This looks FLM-worthy but the link needs to be verified. Anyone interested?
ptguardian

Re: The Water Babies (1978) [UK]

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I have a dvd around somewhere of this. Unless they made a remake? It is FLM material.
yoko

Post by yoko »   1 likes

Not much interesting to see, but there is a pretty girl in it. I agree with PTg that it's FLM material.

BTW, French dub is available too: https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... =81&t=2617

[Image]

[Image]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   28 likes

miih

Re: [REL] The Water Babies (1978)

Post by miih »   0 likes

What a nice surprise to me! I always knew this actress from the Sawatari Hajime "Alice" photobook, I never knew about her actress career before. And now I found it. And she looks cute!

Pics from "Alice" photobook.
[Image] [Image] [Image]

I'll try to download this movie but with my bad connection I know it will take a lot of time! k I'm downloading from the the first link with 1.43gb. If somebody has this version and could share I'll be very grateful! =D Thanks in advance!
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] The Water Babies (1978)

Post by kev »   0 likes

miih wrote:What a nice surprise to me! I always knew this actress from the Sawatari Hajime "Alice" photobook, I never knew about her actress career before. And now I found it. And she looks cute!

Pics from "Alice" photobook.
[Image] [Image] [Image]...
Wow... I have that book, and never made the connection.. Thanks miih! :thumbsup

Her name is Samantha Gates and she has a small role in another film [that I thought was here, but couldn't find] called The Haunting of Julia. (She was in another film and some TV shows, but THoJ was the only other one I've seen..) There's something ethereal about her... :heart

kev.