[REL] Bakom Forbudt for Børn AKA Making Of... (1998)

katzenjammer

[REL] Bakom Forbudt for Børn AKA Making Of... (1998)

Post by katzenjammer »   64 likes

[Image]
Masterpiece!, 4 January 2006
10/10
Author: Valdemar Villadsen from Denmark

Fantastic movie, but sadly overlooked. Just like Hans Christian Andersen, the makers of this movie, knows how to work with both sorrow
and happiness while still be able to make it interesting for both children and adults. When a movie are including scenes who could easily
fit into a scary Bergman movie, while it never stops being appealing to children, we're dealing with something very special - in fact
we're dealing with a masterpiece! The movie is VERY original, and the director has tremendous courage to work with so
different genres and atmospheres all in the same movie. And the best part is that he manages to make the transitions seem natural. Brilliant!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0136204/
http://www.nfi.no/filmbutikken/tittel.html?id=14869
http://www.filmklubb.no/medlem/?id=1295&t=film_bfkvideo
http://www.filmklubb.no/medlem/?id=1297&t=film_bfkvideo

Borrowed this fantastic movie earlier this year. Included on the DVD was a Making of-featurette, that i found out was worth a release...
Might be that it should be moved to documentaries-section, but up to mods to decide.

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [399.60 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [642.89 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [39.8 Kb]

Even if the avi is bigger size, the mkv is best quality in regard to filesize. Something in audiotrack made the avi-rip oversized.
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Bakom Forbudt for Børn

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for the DVD rip!! :)

Is this one different from https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... php?t=2200 ? If it's the same movie, please add your post as a reply to this thread.

What's this 'bakom' in the filename?
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   10 likes

Google Translate from danish to english. Don't have time to make them proper now, so hope someone else got time to look at them.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [38.9 Kb]
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

This is the Making of-movie for those 3 short movies; Buldermanden, Lykkefanten and Ogiinoggen that makes up the "movie" Forbudt for Børn...
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

wow didn't know there was a 'making of' excellent release!!! :cool :cool
Jacen

Post by Jacen »   0 likes

Hopefully somebody could come up with the proper English translations!
katzenjammer

Reshared this morning, after my pc crashed a few days ago. Sharing from Asus eee now.
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

Jacen wrote:Hopefully somebody could come up with the proper English translations!
Ref. katzenjammer's Google translation. To whom it may concern: open srt-file with Windows Editor, click "replace all" -> with -->
katzenjammer

Sorry folks... I've sadly hadn't time to check them.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   17 likes

Ok. I took a shot.

For some reason katzenjammer's original 'google-translated' English subs would not mesh with the .avi file and burn onto a DVD no matter how I tried. Yet the Danish subs worked fine.

In comparing the two files side by side, the only difference I could find was that in the Danish subs the arrow between the numbers above the actual subs consisted of two dashes and a 'less-than' symbol [ --> ] whereas the English subs had an arrow that was comprised of only one dash and a 'less-than' sign [ -> ].

I re-hashed the actual subs as best I could [not knowing Danish; drawing only from the context of the preceding and following lines; and not even having viewed the video], and then went line by line adding the extra dash [ --> ] to complete the arrow. Plus, for the hell of it, I added '.srt' into the actual name of the file. :)

Lo and behold the subs finally appeared on my completed DVD! :thumbsup

However, they are STILL woefully, poorly scripted. :(

So if someone with better knowledge of Danish could take up the baton it would be greatly appreciated. I know I took some EXTREME liberties in my translations [for instance I translated "Av for satan!" merely as "Oh hell!", as it sounded better to me than "Oh, the devil!"]. But, honestly I would like the translations to be as comprehensible as possible, and there were a LOT of Danish words plopped into the middle of a statement that I just could not figure out... :wall

Best of luck!

'Reworked' English subs:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [39.4 Kb]

kev.