[REL] The Fall (2006) [India/UK/USA]

kev
Site Admin

[REL] The Fall (2006) [India/UK/USA]

Post by kev »   0 likes

Head's up on Tarsem's epic follow-up to 'The Cell'.

imdb link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460791/

Synopsis:
In a hospital on the outskirts of 1920s Los Angeles, an injured stuntman (Pace) begins to tell a fellow patient, a little girl with a broken arm (Untaru), a fantastical story about 5 mythical heroes. Thanks to his fractured state of mind and her vivid imagination, the line between fiction and reality starts to blur as the tale advances.
Pix:
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

First-billed newcomer Catinca Untaru:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1942458/
[Image]

Trailer:
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3773890841/

"Soma Girls" Movie Review:
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/soma- ... cid=acvsv4

Was actually supposed to come out on DVD May 9th or 22nd, but obviously that's been held up... :(

Looks good.

kev.
ARTHORIUS

Re: [REL] The Fall (2006) [India/UK/USA]

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Chubby girl but face looks very pretty :thumbsup
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Thanks, Kev, for posting this!

I was looking into when the DVD for this was due, and saw it's delayed possibly because it's actually still in a few US theaters. Lo and behold, one of them was close enough to me to see it in person. I enjoyed it a lot! Very imaginative, visually amazing, and at times emotionally captivating. Definitely worth seeing in the theater if by chance you can.

I will say, though, that this is not a typical FLM movie: the little girl is one of the two main characters, but she is just a normal 5 year old girl, not exceptionally cute or bright or precocious. Her performance is excellent, but that performance is not the focus of the movie: all the (no-name) cast exist to further the story and visuals.

The girl's character is from an immigrant field worker family in Los Angeles. She is recovering in the hospital from a broken arm. She speaks just enough English to translate for her mother... which is interesting, because apparently the little actress (who is Romanian) does not speak English and was coached to perform her role by rote memorization.

See this for the movie, not as much for the girl, though her performance is a nice bonus. You can get the idea why this is playing in art-house theaters, it's not mass-market. Roger Ebert says it better than I can, here are some excepts from his review (I left other parts out, they are too much spoilers for my taste).
Tarsem's "The Fall" is a mad folly, an extravagant visual orgy, a free-fall from reality into uncharted realms. Surely it is one of the wildest indulgences a director has ever granted himself. Tarsem, for two decades a leading director of music videos and TV commercials, spent millions of his own money to finance "The Fall," filmed it for four years in 28 countries and has made a movie that you might want to see for no other reason than because it exists. There will never be another like it.
"The Fall" is so audacious that when Variety calls it a "vanity project," you can only admire the man vain enough to make it. It tells a simple story with vast romantic images so stunning I had to check twice, three times, to be sure the film actually claims to have absolutely no computer-generated imagery.
The story framework for the imagery is straightforward. In Los Angeles, circa 1915, a silent movie stunt man has his legs paralyzed while performing a reckless stunt. He convalesces in a half-deserted hospital, its corridors of cream and lime stretching from ward to ward of mostly empty beds, their pillows and sheets awaiting the harvest of World War I. The stunt man is Roy (Lee Pace), pleasant in appearance, confiding in speech, happy to make a new friend of a little girl named Alexandria (Catinca Untaru).

Roy tells a story to Alexandria, involving adventurers who change appearance as quickly as a child's imagination can do its work. We see the process. He tells her of an "Indian" who has a wigwam and a squaw. She does not know these words, and envisions an Indian from a land of palaces, turbans and swamis. The verbal story is input from Roy; the visual story is output from Alexandria.
And there is the sweet charm of the young Romanian actress Catinca Untaru, who may have been dubbed for all I know, but speaks with the innocence of childhood, working her way through tangles of words. She regards with equal wonder the reality she lives in, and the fantasy she pretends to. It is her imagination that creates the images of Roy's story, and they have a purity and power beyond all calculation. Roy is her perfect storyteller, she is his perfect listener, and together they build a world.
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

Would love to d/d it.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

FLL wrote:Thanks, Kev, for posting this!...
Wow!! Thanks FLL! Thanks for the insights to this film.

I actually found out about it by reading one of our local magazines that was advertising movies playing locally. Unfortunately the magazine was about a month old and the movie wasn't playing anymore... :(

Glad you were able to catch it!

Thanks again, for the post. :thumbsup

kev.
FLL

Post by FLL »   1 likes

DVD is in stores in 10 days, so that means.... :onfire :dance

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.55 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [698.86 Mb]

Also on Usenet (.divx and .dvdr), torrents, and Rapidshare.

Please move this to [REL]... I'd choose Unlisted because it's such an international film, otherwise US because the root plot takes place there and IMDB lists it as "US/UK/India".

Thanks again Kev for pointing this out!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks FLL ;)

Thread moved.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Download finished in 3 hours :cool Cool one!
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

Why don't we copy into this thread the high quality release that was sent to the graveyard? When the release being posted, is totally different and better quality than the available 2CD-release, it makes more sense to merge those two threads, than just trash the newest.

https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... highlight=
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   5 likes

Posted by Rich:
alchemila@FH wrote:[Image]

In a hospital on the outskirts of 1920s Los Angeles, an injured stuntman begins to tell a fellow
patient, a little girl with a broken arm, a fantastical story about 5 mythical heroes. Thanks to his
fractured state of mind and her vivid imagination, the line between fiction and reality starts to blur
as the tale advances.

Code: Select all

)          (                  
   (           ( /(          )\ )               
   )\          )\())        (()/(          (    
 (((_)        ((_)\          /(_))         )\   
 )\___          ((_)        (_))_         ((_)  
((/ __|        / _ \         |   \        | __| 
 | (__        | (_) |        | |) |       | _|  
  \___|        \___/         |___/        |___| 

The Fall (2006)

The.Fall.2006.BRRip.XviD.AC3-CODE

FiLE SiZE...............: 1.45 GB  1/3 DVD
Year....................: 2006
Genre...................: Adventure | Drama | Fantasy 
RUNTiME.................: 1:57:07
AUDiO ..................: 48000Hz 448 kbit/s ,  6 chnls ,  Dolby AC3
ViDEO BiTRATE...........: 1320 kbps XviD 23.976 fps
RESOLUTiON..............: 720 x 384
Language................: English  | Romanian
User Rating.............: 8.1/10   7,043 votes     

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460791/

A Little Blessing In Disguise.

_____                  _                       ___                  _       _                            _   
 |_   _|  ___      o O O| |__    ___      o O O / __|   ___   _ _    | |_    (_)   _ _    _  _    ___   __| |  
   | |   / _ \    o     | '_ \  / -_)    o     | (__   / _ \ | ' \   |  _|   | |  | ' \  | +| |  / -_) / _` |  
  _|_|_  \___/   TS__[O]|_.__/  \___|   TS__[O] \___|  \___/ |_||_|  _\__|  _|_|_ |_||_|  \_,_|  \___| \__,_|  
_|"""""||"""""| {======||"""""||"""""| {======||"""""||"""""||"""""||"""""||"""""||"""""||"""""||"""""||"""""| 
"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'./o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'./o--000'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-'"`-0-0-' 

[Image]
[Image]

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.45 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [25.5 Kb]

This looks visually stunning :cool not sure how much screentime the girl will have :think

Hmmmm i think this post has been moved too the graveyard to realy :think