[REL] Gros coeurs (1988)

Rich

[REL] Gros coeurs (1988)

Post by Rich »   1 likes

Gros coeurs (1988)
This is a comedy about the "boy" existing within all grown men, and how it affects those people around them. Here you have heroes, villains, nasties and even one who can swing both ways "just doing his job". This film is full of realistic - occasionally bitter – humour, from start to finish.

Our hero (Bernard le Coq)is an auto racing, good-humoured, happy-go-lucky fellow doing his best to overcome the obstacles of pursuing life's pleasures as well as problems taken on by his own, childish naiveté. He's not bothered by the details of social life but rather leaves them to those nearest and dearest to him to sort out. And they do, for he has that sort of charm that earnest men and romantic women can never resist. His charm is instinctive; a fact for which he seems to be completely unaware.

There are many gratifying smiles to be had here. His best mate, his girlfriend, his daughter, his wife, his business "associates" – they're all affected by him in one way or another.

I can't help but suspect that this film was inspired by a couple of old films with W.C. Fields. You know: Disliked and misunderstood by many but loved by the ones who really matter.

I love this film. It's in the top 20 of most often watched films in my 200+ collection of VHS French films. And I like Bernard le Coq too. This is only one of two films I've seen with him where he plays a major role: the other being "Le Concierge". Otherwise, you can catch an inconsequential fleeting glimpse of him behind Alain Delon in "Trois Hommes à Abattre", as well as many other films.

* NOTE: Those of you non-Europeans might not know that Belgium is bilingual – Walloon (French) and Flemish (Dutch). Although this fact is not detrimental to the film, it will keep you from scratching your head during a short scene at the police station. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to discover that this tiny scene were inserted into the dialog with the express purpose of reminding the movie-going that both Bernard le Coq and this film are BELGIAN - - - NOT French!
http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=4306

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0207500/
reastavachi

Re: [REQ] Gros coeurs (1988)

Post by reastavachi »   1 likes

any news about this one ? 'been looking for it for quite a while now...
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   2 likes

Only 1 image found

[Image]

and a link of fb maybe says when it come on tv

https://www.facebook.com/GrosCoeurs
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL
Warg

Post by Warg »   54 likes

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Gros coeurs (1988)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Another film found by our cinematic slueth. Thanks, Warg.
Warg

Post by Warg »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Another film found by our cinematic slueth. Thanks, Warg.
Thanks for the compliment Phuzzy4242, but finding movies on YouTube is rather like fishing with dynamite in a bucket ... :lol:
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Warg wrote:
Phuzzy4242 wrote:Another film found by our cinematic slueth. Thanks, Warg.
Thanks for the compliment Phuzzy4242, but finding movies on YouTube is rather like fishing with dynamite in a bucket ... :lol:
Maybe, but YOU took made the effort and took the time to do it, so you deserve the kudos.
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

i've watched the movie but i don't see the QS mentioned on RFF :ugeek:
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL
reastavachi

Post by reastavachi »   0 likes

ARTHORIUS wrote:i've watched the movie but i don't see the QS mentioned on RFF :ugeek:
Check at timecode 1:05:05 ;)