[REL] Birch Interval (1976)

billanben

[REL] Birch Interval (1976)

Post by billanben »   1 likes

Mmmm - sounds cool so hope someone has this :-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075756/

This film asks, and, to its credit, does not answer questions about madness, community responsibility, and the moral judgment of children as opposed to adults. It begins with a young girl packed up for a visit with her small-town grandparents by her urban Mother. Her grandfather's household includes his mentally ill son, his son's wife, and their son with whom the girl has a close relationship. Her uncle, is a quiet gentle man who can't handle the absurdities of life. He fixes watches for a living and embarrasses the family by his unorthodox/childish reactions to things that bother him. His son and niece idolize the purity of his world, his sensitivity, and his kindness. The resent his treatment by his wife, and the niece suspects his wife is having an affair with a neighbor.

Among the issues addressed are forcing a local Amish population to send their children to public school, the life of an embittered old woman who provides witch spells to the girl's young cousin, and the betrayal of confidence that destroys two relationships over the course of the film. No relief is given to adults or children in the way of clear answers other than the fragility of friendship and trust, and the imprecise definition of right and wrong in human affairs. This film was probably intended for a young adult audience, but it takes a deeper look into moral questions than most adult dramas I can remember and is one of the most thought-provoking community and family studies I have ever seen.

and FP says :-

BIRCH INTERVAL (Media Home Entertainment, 1978) available on video. Set in
the depression. Susan McClung as 12-yr-old Jessie is great, and endures a
hard time, including being tied to a tree by some nasty boys who want to
look up her dress and generally 'cop a feel'.

anyone ?? Kev ??
billanben

Re: [REL] Birch Interval (1976)

Post by billanben »   0 likes

http://www.amazon.com/Birch-Interval-Ed ... 6300189600

Would be US only purchase at that price I guess so can one of ourkindly US members get what looks o be a top notch film and share.
Thanks guys
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   28 likes

This can now be moved to release.
Another movie I'd sacrifice non-essential body parts for a DVD release. Until then........

[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]

File Name .......: Birch Interval 1976 VHSRip loverboy edit.avi
File Size .......: 1,134.87 MB

Duration ........: 01:43:06
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1410 KB/s
Resolution ......: 640 x 456
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.40:1
Framerate .......: 29.97 FPS

Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

Once again, not my original rip although I have edited. Many thanks to the originator for bringing us this sought-after gem!
Pretty reasonable quality VHS rip.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.11 Gb]

Enjoy!
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Great release, thanks lots loverboy! :icon_specool
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Brilliant stuff loverboy!!
Thats another off my wanted list!!!!!
plonkah

Post by plonkah »   0 likes

Can some kind soul source this please ? You will see my EM tag is relevant when you see who is looking for iit !!!

Thanks
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

plonkah wrote:Can some kind soul source this please ? You will see my EM tag is relevant when you see who is looking for iit !!!Thanks
Well, I'm sharing this for one month by now and uploaded 1,5 GB. Wonder how you can miss me.
plonkah

Post by plonkah »   0 likes

Well dunno what happened cos when checked sources (complete) at time of post, said none. Now I can see LB is doing the honours - thanks
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

I've had yet another reshare request by PM for this one which I've obliged with. I've pointed out to the member they will likely get a better response in future if they post in the release thread.

Obviously anybody else able to help will be very welcome.

lb
satgek

Post by satgek »   0 likes

i am downl this one and thanks for help my loverboy.it now 4 week that i wait to see it .
please reshare this one