[REL] Elisa antes del fin del mundo (1997) [Mexico]

kev
Site Admin

[REL] Elisa antes del fin del mundo (1997) [Mexico]

Post by kev »   18 likes

AKA: Elisa Before the End of the World

I've had this movie for quite awhile and had forgotten about it until Rich recently brought up 'Zapatos Viejos' where Sherlyn co-starred with Gloria Trevi.

Synopsis:
imdb Commenters wrote:a)10-year-old Elisa, whose parents are about to lose their new car due to financial problems, plans a bank robbery.

b)This is one of the best movies I have ever seen! Even though I don't speak Spanish well, I could follow the story just fine! I wondered at the "C" rating posted in the lobby. Many families brought their children with them. This is not a movie for little children, I'd say 14 years and up.

c)Perhaps childhood's innocence is not lost yet, the real problem could be that today's so knowledgeable children just can't distinguish between good and evil. Elisa is the typical child from a Mexican medium class family (for whom a brand new car could mean their whole life savings), who decides to help her parents on their struggle with a car debt with the local bank.

Elisa can't get too much from her parents: her dad is focused on his debt, her mother hardly crosses any word with her. It's when she meets Miguel, a young boy who worships his felon brother `El Rey' (`The King'), that she decides to strike back and mastermind's a bank's robbery.

Despite Sherlyn being so young when she acted on this movie, this masterpiece of Mexican movie making will always make us remember her as one of the most promising Mexican actresses.
Pix: [Caps from this rip] :)
[Image]
(That's a cockroach she's licking... :eyecrazy)
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

DVD Art:
[Image]
[Image]

ed2k link:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]

My DVD didn't have any subs... This rip set to release and power shared.

While no specific OT scenes, there is an odd haunting quality about this movie as it plays like an amusing drama up until the end...

kev.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119056/
ptguardian

Re: [REL] Elisa antes del fin del mundo (1997) [Mexico]

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

i noticed a mention in another post about some not being able to finish this? i think kev might be still having troubles reaching everyone. so i will be a surrogate for this one. i must of missed this post.

thanks Kev :thumbsup

:)
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:i noticed a mention in another post about some not being able to finish this?
If *anyone* has been able to finish this (already), please let us know. I have no desire to unfairly impugn kev's configuration but believe that through some inadvertant problem many people can not download from him, which significantly impacts his releases. I suspect kev would want to know if this is really a problem, and if I am just wrong about this I'd like to know also. Thanks.

And thanks ptg!
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

Well, this movie ain't my thing, but since I have a very good connection to kev, I'll try to give some assistance... :blush
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Finished downloading :dance

i will share for a while :cool

:)
miih

Post by miih »   0 likes

humm. this movie looks to be good.
thank you very much, kev! :thumbsup
I'll try to download it.