[REL] Man Woman and Child (1983)

loverboy

[REL] Man Woman and Child (1983)

Post by loverboy »   2 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085895/

Totally unscheduled release.........I literally stumbled on this yesterday when searching for something else. I'm surprised it's not here & even more surprised I've not watched it before. This is a very good movie.......me & a bottle of wine stayed up very late last night watching it.......quite sad & compelling. I'm hoping emuler may be able to provide more information about 'Masoom', a Hindi remake of the same year & whether it's suitable (& available) for FLM release.
A man with a wife and two daughters learns that he has a son. It seems that a few years ago while visiting France, he had an accident and he had an affair with the doctor who treated him. Now he has learned that she just died and is informed of his son. He then tells his wife, she then suggest that they bring him over. While there all sorts of tension begin to arise. How will this affect them?
Further review.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38023

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: Man Woman and Child 1983 DVDRip.avi
File Size .......: 1,224.10 MB
Duration ........: 01:40:29
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1511 KB/s
Resolution ......: 852 x 480
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.77:1
Framerate .......: 29.970 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 192 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

Not the best DVD rip in the world but OK to watch.......my thanks to the originator.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.20 Gb]

Enjoy!
emuler

Re: [REL] Man Woman and Child (1983)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Thanks, LB. :thumbsup

Yes, Masoom is one of India's all time greatest children's films. Unlike what the review says about this one, Masoom had excellent perfomances from the child cast, the elder two going on to flourish in the trade.

There is a clip of one of the songs from Masoom - yes, all Indian films have songs!! Poor quality, but enough to give you a taste.
https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... ght=masoom

If no one finds a decent rip, I'll buy the DVD and rip it myself. LB and FLL stand by to walk me through the settings.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Appreciated emuler :cool ..............
I'm assuming then that 'Masoom' is an outright children's movie which MW&C certainly isn't. I'd read the patchy reviews for my release & approached this with an open mind & was pleasantly surprised. Not without fault obviously & one of the reviewers did make comments about the younger girl's appearance but she is nicely dressed for most of the time.
I'll be watching this again very soon, without a bottle of wine, just to make sure my judgement wasn't clouded ;)

lb
Jacen

Post by Jacen »   0 likes

I think I've heard of Masoom.
I didn't know it was a remake of an American film though. :think
emuler

They both came out at about the same time, so you decide which was a remake of which. :bigups Our films typically take longer to produce, so factor that in as well. Maybe the same story was picked up by two film makers - has been known to happen. :think

As a bonus, the 'other woman' in Masoom, Supriya Pathak, was India's answer to Reese Witherspoon. :icon_1dancingban
emuler

OK, I got the Masoom DVD. Sadly, it is a poor quality DVD (transferred from a scratched film print, so the colours are a bit washed out and you can see vertical lines where the film got scratched). I'm considering uploading the whole DVD (Some 3.87GB) as it is, so someone like loverboy or FLL can work his magic. Please let me know how to proceed.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

I certainly don't mind having a go at this........washed out colours can probably be improved but people may have to live with print scratching. At the moment emule is my only feasable download option.....I'd probably advise either a single VOB (VOBs) or a straight iso/VIDEO TS rip.
At the moment I'm trying to download a VOB of 'Man Woman & Child' from ptg (who has the DVD) with a view to providing an upgrade to my original indifferent quality release. Sadly ptg seems to have gone AWOL & there has been no reception for over a week :wall

lb
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:Sadly ptg seems to have gone AWOL & there has been no reception for over a week :wall
Does not sound good. Too many people who went AWOL never came back. I hope ptg is just taking his well deserved Christmas break, though...

Post by Guest »   0 likes

I would honestly miss ptg a lot. I hope he will return after Christmas.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

It's nice to see you again, willow! :)