[REL] Yes Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus (1991)

loverboy

[REL] Yes Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus (1991)

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103305/

Surprising for a Bronson movie (although he's getting a bit doddery), but never released on DVD. This is my rip from a VHS sourced iso & the quality is really pretty good........I've seen considerably worse DVD rips!

http://www.newseum.org/yesvirginia/
The title phrase of this TV movie has become such a cliche that many people probably don't even know its origin. And that's what Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus is all about — the 1897 letter from 8-year-old Virginia O'Hanlan to the editor of the New York Sun inquiring as to the existence of Santa.

According to this telling of the legend, Virginia is the sweet daughter of a poor, rough-and-tumble Irish immigrant, played with startling conviction by the eternally sweet-faced Richard Thomas. Ed Asner plays the Sun's editor; even before he's identified, we know Asner's Edward P. Mitchell is an editor because he stalks over to a quaking reporter and bellows, ''That last paragraph stinks — cut it!''

The movie's real hero, however, is a reporter, played by Charles Bronson. Bronson's Frank P. Church drinks too much and doesn't hand in his stories on time because his wife and child died recently; he's all but washed up at the paper until Asner's Mitch-ell gives him Virginia's letter to answer. Church's earnest, fulsomely wrought editorial in response gives this movie its happy ending. Yes, Virginia's corniness would be a lot easier to enjoy if there weren't so many scenes in which Virginia and her father are humiliated for being poor by what seems like everyone in New York, and I don't think anyone wants to see Asner playing a turn-of-the-century Lou Grant. Otherwise, this is perfectly innocuous holiday entertainment.
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: Yes Virginia There Is A Santa Claus 1991 VHSRip loverboy.avi
File Size .......: 1,398.29 MB
Duration ........: 01:27:19
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 2110 KB/s
Resolution ......: 720 x 544
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.32:1
Framerate .......: 25 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]

Enjoy!
emuler

Re: [REL] Yes Virginia, There Is A Santa Claus (1991)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Thanks, LB. Good to see this one again after many years. I agree, I like Charles Bronson in his Deathwish type of roles, but from what I remember this was rather nice. :thumbsup