[REL] Summer of My German Soldier (1978)

loverboy

[REL] Summer of My German Soldier (1978)

Post by loverboy »   5 likes

First of a couple of Kristy McNichol releases
Two years before 'Little Darlings' so she's well within her sell-by date!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078341/

[Image]
Despite its far-fetched plotline, the made-for-TV Summer of My German Soldier was popular with audiences and critics alike. The film is set in Georgia during World War II. Bruce Davison plays Anton Reiker, a German POW assigned to work at a local farm. Reiker escapes, taking refuge in a barn owned by the Bergens, a Jewish family. At first terrified by her "guest," teen-aged Patty Bergen (Kristy McNichol) falls in love with Anton, zealously hiding him from the rest of her family and the authorities. First telecast October 30, 1978 The Summer of My German Soldier was based on a novel by Bette Grene. Esther Rolle, playing the Bergen's maid, won an Emmy for her performance; an additional nomination went to the script by Jane-Howard Hammerstein.
[Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: Summer Of My German Soldier 1978 VHSRip loverboy edit.avi
File Size .......: 1,074.43 MB
Duration ........: 01:37:44
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1408 KB/s
Resolution ......: 640 x 480
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.33:1
Framerate .......: 23.976 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

This is best described as an average quality VHS rip........quite watchable but not of DVD quality. Another worthy movie not released to DVD so the best we can hope for is a TV rip........keep your eyes peeled! Usual thanks to the originator.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.05 Gb]

Enjoy.......& Happy New Year!
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Summer of My German Soldier (1978)

Post by kev »   0 likes

Thanks, lb!

I don't know what it is about Kristy McNichol [probably her TV overkill..], but she's one of those actresses that never 'clicked' with me... I think 'Little Darlings' was possibly the best thing she ever did, and to be honest the only reason I even bothered watching that one was because of Tatum O'Neal..

This movie isn't bad either, but it always takes me awhile to get into JUST because I have to work to get over my initial bias against Ms. McNichol.. lol

Please lb; PLEASE [by everything that is Holy!!] tell me that your next KMc release ISN'T 'Like Mom, Like Me'!!! :pray

Pleasepleaseplease........

lol

(Seriously, lb; thank you MUCHOS GRANDE' for EVERYTHING you take time to contribute!! ;) )

kev.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

kev wrote:Please lb; PLEASE [by everything that is Holy!!] tell me that your next KMc release ISN'T 'Like Mom, Like Me'!!! :pray

Pleasepleaseplease........

lol
My warped sense of humour could go on the wind-up here & say 'DRAT!!!!!.......I've been rumbled' but I'm still full of festive cheer so I won't do that to you! No, it's not 'Like Mom, Like Me'..............but I might just go searching.................. :thumbsup

lb
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:...No, it's not 'Like Mom, Like Me'..............but I might just go searching.................. :thumbsup

lb
:icon_biggrin2 lol I guess that would be sort of an 'unintended consequence' of making a plea like that after trashing the lead actress! ;) lol

Well, with the lb luck I'm sure if you seek, you SHALL find... :wall

Nonetheless, keep up the great work! :icon_1dancingban

kev.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

It's pleasing that we don't all like the same things & people. I don't know quite what it is about Kristy that I find appealing.......on the face of it her FLM years are not very promising. Hardly stunning looking & possibly even somewhat boyish........after all, her role in 'Little Darlings' was that of the streetwise tomboy with the hilarious start to the movie where she kicks the fuckwit in the nuts........priceless! :)
Possibly we see her in a kinder light in the UK, not having been exposed to so much of her TV saturation.........or maybe I just appreciate the finer things in life like some decent acting! :thumbsup
Anyway, I wouldn't kick her out & if pushed, there's nothing a crate of Stella couldn't improve!

lb