[?] Coming Of Age (2007) UK TV series

Movies that don't quite meet the requirements to be on-topic for FLM, maybe because the actors are too old or screen time is too small.
emuler

[?] Coming Of Age (2007) UK TV series

Post by emuler »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1046904/

Does anyone know if this is of interest to us at FLM? The premise seems very interesting, but has it been done well? :think

Season 2 has just started. I can grab the entire first season from a private torrent if people show interest and it is worth the trouble. :bigups

A comment I read says that this was BBC's attempt at having their own version of Skins. :think
kev
Site Admin

Re: [?] Coming Of Age (2007) UK TV series

Post by kev »   0 likes

Well, here's a pix from the BBC3 series:
[Image]

..From this site [ http://www.zerosec.ws/coming-of-age-uk- ... -xvid-bia/ {where you can d/load the episodes}] that describes it as:
ZeroSec wrote: A group of sixth form students living in Abingdon enjoy a final romp with adolescence.
Then there's THIS site - London Is Free [ http://www.londonisfree.com/2008/02/com ... bbc_3.html ], that says:
London Is Free wrote:Coming of Age is a world first for TV comedy - a sitcom about teenagers created and written by a teenager.

Jas, Ollie, Matt, Chloe and DK live in Abingdon. Their lives revolve around college, their bedrooms and, because they are always getting thrown out of the local pub, Ollie's garden shed.

"I love sitcom," said 19 year old writer Tim Dawson. "So why isn't there a show that talks about life from my perspective? That talks about being young - openly, honestly, truthfully. And I mean properly young - a teenager. Loving for the first time, turning cans into bongs, fancying your history teacher, dealing with those pesky unwanted erections-in-public places? Well - now there is."

"If you want a comedy depicting teens as pensioner-bashing sociopaths (sometimes understandable: old people can be really irritating), don't watch! That's not what we're about. Coming of Age celebrates youth in a good way. Some buzzwords: college, parents, love, drink, music, teachers, drugs, woks, sex, teddy bears, sheds, swimming pools and... err... mud."

Coming Of Age stars five of the UK's top young comedy actors - Anabel Barnston as Chloe, Tony Bignell as Matt, Hannah Job as Jas, Ceri Phillips as Ollie, and Joe Tracini as DK. The show is directed by David Sant and produced by Stephen McCrum.
Now personally 'college age' isn't really 'Coming-of-Age'.. In college, at least for me, they've already 'Come'... ;)

Chloe's kinda cute, though. :)

Here's a snippet from one of the shows:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eslracyzIEk&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eslracyzIEk&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kev.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

absolutely nothing like 'skins' ,one unforgettable scene is when the main girl character tries to get her boyfriend to
shag her 'up the botty' promising that she's 'cleaned herself out',a little while later we hear a massive wet fart,'we can blame the dog ' one of them suggests,the scene ends with a shot of little dog sitting on the bed next to a gigantic turd.

if you find that offensive you definitely don't want to watch this.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

I tend to agree with kev that this is probably pushing the age limit here a bit.
Doubtless funny, especially for those with a lavatorial sense of humour!
Series 2 Episode 1 already available on usenet, both in XviD & x264 format.

lb
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Sounds like the cast is too old for FLM. The perceived similarity to Skins forgets that Skins itself was borderline, the cast was pretty much too old but was playing younger characters. But if they are too old playing characters their age... not FLM material.
emuler

It was this bit that caught my interest:
Episode 2 - Dick & Fanny

Chloe has to kiss Matt in the school play. Chloe is excited, but Matt's nerves get the better of him. Ollie feels he has been stripped of his manhood when a small girl mugs him and steals his phone.
hmm.. small as in size or as in age? :think

[EDIT] IMDB lists a 11-12 year old girl in the cast for this episode. :)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

emuler wrote:It was this bit that caught my interest:
Episode 2 - Dick & Fanny..
It sounds like the episode that might contain the scene that starfish21 was talking about.. But then I suppose THAT episode would be called 'Dick IN Fanny'... ;)

kev.
emuler

LOL No, I think that might be from the (very appropriately titled) Episode 5: Up the Botty. :bigups
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i've only watched one episode of this series,but there are quite a few excerpts on youtube ,that might be where i saw the 'up the botty ' scene.i had a bit bother finding these shows,which made me think that they weren't very popular,probably because of the extreme subject matter.
emuler

So, back to the question: to download, or not to download? :think

I think the general consensus is that this is not for FLM. :hand Is it worth downloading for myself (and whoever else wants to get it from me)? Again, judging from the comments, guess not. At best, I might get that one episode with the 11-12 year old girl. :snooty