[REL] The Ice Storm (1997)

emuler

[REL] The Ice Storm (1997)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119349/

http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=1150
It is Thanksgiving, 1973, and the climate is changing, politically and physically. As the Watergate scandal unfolds in the background, the inhabitants of New Canaan, Conneticut begin to slip into an existentialist void, wherein social taboos are shattered on whims and the line between adult authority and juvenile irresponsibility is practically nonexistant. Focusing on two families in particular, the Hoods and the Carvers, "The Ice Storm" chronicles a brief period of rapid moral deterioration, as the characters shatter their social "roles" in pursuit of meaning and satisfaction, within an environment turned inwards on itself. As the narrative device of an "Ice Storm" builds up around them, the actions of the characters - including adultery, sexual experimentation, drug use and petty crimes - become increasingly unpredictable and impulsive. Once the "storm" hits, though, reality sinks in, and the severity of their situation becomes all to apparent in its bitter, and resonating aftermath. - Samuel Kates, IMDb
Controversial scenes
Sandy (Adam Hann-Byrd, 14) and Wendy (Christina Ricci, 17) show private parts to each other in bathroom.
Sex scene with Wendy and Mikey (Elijah Wood, 16).
Wendy and Sandy get to bed and undress under cover.

Too old for FLM? :think
Debaser

Re: [REL] The Ice Storm (1997)

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

I am pretty sure this was released here some time ago, so please go ahead and release it again!
Iv seen the film several times and feel it fits FLM just fine.
emuler

LOL Maybe BLT can find the lost thread. I couldn't. :bigups But then, my eyes aren't what they used to be. :icon_old

I don't actually have this movie; just came across the description during random browsing and thought it might be of interest to us. :) If someone has a link they can recommend, please do so. There are several files on emule, even a couple in LB's preferred size. ;)

Nice to have you back, DB. Hope life is treating you better. :cool
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   7 likes

This one is very well sourced: Like this post to see ed2k links  [701.68 Mb]

I'm downloading it now to check it out. Not enough to preview yet to see what language it's in - there are alot of Italian versions.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

I've certainly got this & I'm pretty sure it would have originated from here. Problem is, I've transcoded it & burnt to DVD so not a lot of use I'm afraid.......my memory is it's well worth a watch & loaded with simmering undertones of all manner of sexuality.

lb
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

i thought i saw this here too. :think i could post my criterion rip if wanted. good movie.

:)
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

The link I posted is doing well and it's in English. Won't know for sure if it's 100% until it's... 100% :)
emuler

You can open file details and check the names. Sometimes you'll find the name of the releasing site. :thumbsup

For all you know I might actually have downloaded it from here several years ago and forgotten all about it. My secret stash is stuck in another city and I don't remember all the titles I have got in there (several hundreds). :icon_old :bigups
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Verified good - I watched it all the way through. Admins, please change this to [REL] and move it to the Releases | United States group (filmed in New York). The info in the file is below.
Title: The Ice Storm
Author: directed by Ang Lee ... DivX by DiAMOND
Copyright: (c) 1997 - Fox Searchlight Pictures
Comments: DVD released March 13th 2001 ... SBC DivX encoded by G***e ;-) ... greets to the #Dutchk1ng crew ;p
This is a depressing movie, not typical FLM. Watching Elijah Wood toke a big hit from a bong was amusing, and Christina Ricci, though 17 at the time of filming was playing a 14-year-old - she acted more like 17, but that was partly the script. Not a happy movie by any means.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Thanks emuler and Phuzzy, moved to REL.

If this was here before then it must have been lost in the database problems of 2005/2006, it hasn't been posted here since then.