[REL] Pit Pony (TV Series) (1999-2000)

Hieronymus

[REL] Pit Pony (TV Series) (1999-2000)

Post by Hieronymus »   0 likes

Pit Pony - a 44 episode children's series produced for Canadian television.

[Image]

IMDb
Moviekids

[Image][Image][Image]

This family-oriented series, set in turn-of-the-century Nova Scotia, ran for two seasons from 1999 to 2000 (a sort of Canadian version of "The Littlest Horse Thieves"). Although the stories tend to center on 12 year-old Willie MacLean (Alex Wrathell), there's plenty of screen-time for his two younger sisters, 10 year-old Maggie (played by Ellen Page, in her professional acting debut), 9 year-old Sarah (Anna Wedlock), and Willie's cute-as-a-button, tomboy pal, 11 year-old Mollie (Hannah Abenheimer).

I found it very engaging and entertaining, in an "Avonlea," "Emily of New Moon" vein. I know that season 1 is available on DVD through Amazon.com, but I've never seen a release of this series, otherwise. There is also the original made-for-TV movie/pilot starring a different boy as the main character (available on Amazon.com, too), but that is almost entirely boy-centric, though well-made and enjoyable on its own merit. Overall, a very good, kid-centric series with memorable characters, better-than-average acting and gorgeous Nova Scotian scenery.

Of course the real question is whether anyone on the forum wants to spend the time, effort, bandwidth and drive space on ripping, releasing and/or downloading forty-four, 22 minute episodes of an obscure, Canadian kid's show ... good luck with that. ;)

- Hieronymyus

P. S. The 1st season was my favorite, as the character of Mollie (such a cutie!) wasn't featured in the 2nd season at all. :(
ptguardian

Re: [REL] Pit Pony (TV Series) (1999-2000)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

WOW looks good. i never heard of this series. thanks for posting Hieronymus. i will put it on my search list. as you stated many here including myself may not be able to post it all because of bandwidth. but if it is good enough posting a few episodes a week may work for most. also a proper mkv will keep quality up and size down ;)

:)
Hieronymus

Post by Hieronymus »   13 likes

Time to move this one to [REL]! :dance

[Image]

The first 3 episodes of the first season of "Pit Pony" can be had here:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [460.63 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [410.75 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [469.90 Mb]

Episode 1 - The Light to the Future
[Image][Image][Image][Image]

Episode 2 - Best Laid Plans

Episode 3 - Forerunner

If the consensus is that these high quality, XviD releases are too "overboard" for 22 min TV episodes, I can always scale them back and re-release in a less bandwidth\hard-drive consuming version. I have all 26 episodes of the first season on DVD now, and I will be releasing subsequent eps if there is enough expressed interest. Sadly, the second season has never been released in any form.

Enjoy! :)

- Hieronymus
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Thanks, Hieronymus! We appreciate you bringing it to our attention, and then going that extra step finding the links!! :thumbsup

Moved!

I look forward to the release of the rest of this series.

kev.
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

No need to downscale on size Hieronymus... Nice too have good quality releases to view on bigger monitors...
Hieronymus

Post by Hieronymus »   7 likes

Hieronymus wrote:Time to move this one to [REL]! :dance

[Image]

The first 3 episodes of the first season of "Pit Pony" can be had here:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [460.63 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [410.75 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [469.90 Mb]

Episode 1 - The Light to the Future

Episode 2 - Best Laid Plans

Episode 3 - Forerunner

If the consensus is that these high quality, XviD releases are too "overboard" for 22 min TV episodes, I can always scale them back and re-release in a less bandwidth\hard-drive consuming version. I have all 26 episodes of the first season on DVD now, and I will be releasing subsequent eps if there is enough expressed interest. Sadly, the second season has never been released in any form.

Enjoy! :)

- Hieronymus
As I noted in my other post, I lost these rips with my hd crash (and burn). :(

As soon as I'm able, I'll give them another shot and re-release the new ones. Bleh.

- H
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

So nobody got the above links complete and we can remove them from download queue?
ptguardian

i have this series now. if wanted i can release. :think

:)
babuada

Post by babuada »   0 likes

Hi PTG,
any chance that you still have it and share?
ptguardian

babuada wrote:Hi PTG,
any chance that you still have it and share?
I still have the dvds and by the looks of this thread it isn't really a release. Lots of episodes so I am not sure if I have the time to tackle this but I will check to see how the dvds are encoded. If each episode is easy to extract I might try and do it, the fact that the episodes are short means I could do small size file and retain enjoyable quality and would not take too long to encode. However I don't have as much time to rip like I used to, so no promise on this release. ;)