[REL] The Child Stealer (1979) [TV]

loverboy

[REL] The Child Stealer (1979) [TV]

Post by loverboy »   2 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078965/
The child stealer of the title is Beau Bridges, the self-centered ex-husband of Blair Brown. She has custody of the kids, and he has been slapped with a restraining order. Bridges waits until Brown's guard is down and kidnaps his two daughters. Told by the authorities that there's little they can do, Brown seeks out her fugitive "ex" on her own. Of minor interest in this made-for-TV tract is the fact that future Growing Pains costar Tracey Gold plays one of the daughters.
Tracey Gold also appears in a couple of my fairly recent releases here, 'Shoot The Moon (1982)' & 'Beyond Witch Mountain (1982)'.

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: The Child Stealer 1979 DVB-S rip loverboy.avi
File Size .......: 1,400.87 MB
Duration ........: 01:32:29
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1989 KB/s
Resolution ......: 720 x 540
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.33:1
Framerate .......: 25 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
Language ........: ENGLISH

Quite rare in as much as never commercially released although doing the TV movie rounds on the budget channels. Satellite rip of about the sort of quality expected.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]

Enjoy!
loverboy

Re: [REL] The Child Stealer (1979) [TV]

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

My initial thoughts were that this had gone down like a lead balloon, but actually it hasn't.....enough familiar faces have been in my queue & I've uploaded sufficient to know this hasn't missed the mark, it's simply been a victim of the sometimes general level of apathy around here.

Normally I don't give a toss whether my releases get a response or not but I'm making an exception this time.

Those who read the forum will know of my capture problems & that I've eventually overcome them after plenty of grief & some considerable expense. Reading between the lines (& there are enough clues), most should also be able to deduce this is the first satellite capture & rip I've made. It's a rare, interesting movie with no history of commercial release, of pretty decent quality considering the source & age, & is eminently watchable. So what's the problem?

Whether you agree, or understand WHY I'm pi$$ed off doesn't interest me but you do need to understand that I AM pi$$ed off & probably more for others than myself. I'm not the first around here to complain about a lack of response to releases.......... & in fact, my major concern is for anyone contemplating releasing for the first time......under the circumstances I'd hardly blame them for not bothering at all.

I consider it to be perfectly straightforward.......if you can be bothered to download something, you should be bothered to acknowledge or respond to what has been served up to you at somebody else's time, trouble & expense. Quite simple really, & nothing other than good manners.

Rant over......

lb
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

U sure anybody has it complete already?

For the record: older american TV movies aren't my thingy, so I better don't give a feed back...
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Sorry lb, I haven't even queued this because both my "kids" moved back and their mom thinks they deserve full bandwidth at any time - usually 2 AM to 6 AM (neither have jobs) - which used to be the only time I could transfer full speed. All three play MMORPGs so I can only use 20K total (up AND down) so they don't get lag. :crazy

If it's any consolation, I released 2 films Monday and only got one comment. I rarely release because it's tough to find something not already here. :) I'm not disappointed, maybe neither is what people are looking for. I'll still try to find stuff to contribute because I've gotten so much from FLM and really want to give payback.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:apathy around here.
Hm, I hope you do not include
me as being part of the silent apathic gaggle you refer to.
I agree, lb, and I want you to know that I appreciate your hard work
and the many wonderful releases you do.

TYVM!

:bigups
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Thanks LB
the fact that i downloaded this file says it is wanted and appreciated by me. i don't download much on emule anymore if at all. i choose sparingly what i partake in. my cap on bandwidth has me purchasing movies or renting. i use most of my bandwidth for torrents and streaming. i only grab the rare stuff from emule. plus i don't have to wonder if this is a good copy. your releases are always good :cool you must be bothered by something else considering it has not been long since you posted this. :think most haven't even finished downloading it yet

:)
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Apologies all around, especially to lb. I'm swamped at work beyond belief. :wall I'll have a LOT of catching up to do when I get through this present crisis.
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

Hi lb, i think a lot of people are appreciating your grand efforts for serving us lots of goodies. I certainly understand your position. Me myself is just now investing in a quite expensive DVB-C card so i can capture off my cable. Hopefully that will bring on more releases from my side again, mostly nordic stuff. I'll not release anything before i have moved into my new flat and got my inet connection upgraded.
Jacen

Post by Jacen »   0 likes

Sorry for not responding. I downloaded
this file since I'm sort of a Tracey Gold fan,
and I've enjoyed your releases. I'll try to
respond more in the future. God knows
I've posted a (scanty :wall ) few things
myself, and I've found myself eagerly
coming back to see what response I've
generated, sometimes to be disappointed. :(
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

After FINALLY checking this post back out, I read about the other Tracey Gold movies and had to check those out too!! I think she was kinda cute [before she got all anorexic and that rot..**].

Many thanks, lb!!!

I truly hope that the other members at FLM realize how much you've brought to this forum. This release is yet another rarity that should be greatly appreciated here. Thank you again for bringing this to FLM.

You are :onfire !!

I look forward to your next [REL]!!

kev.

(**Didn't they make a TV docu-drama movie about her situation?? :think)