[REL] Gold Diggers: The Secret of Bear Mountain (1995)

jkecal

[REL] Gold Diggers: The Secret of Bear Mountain (1995)

Post by jkecal »   0 likes

I have seen this film with Anna Chlumsky in terrible quality several years ago - it was interesting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113188/

[Image][Image]

Moving from the big city (LA) to a backwater town is always difficult, but especially for the one doing the moving. After her dad's death, Beth Easton and her mother, Kate, move to the house left to the family by a deceased aunt. Kate meets up with several old friends, but Beth has none. Slowly, however, she makes friends, despite the lack of a nearby mall or anything else to do. Soon she meets up with two boys fighting ... except one isn't a boy, but a girl. The girl, Jody, is shunned by her peers as a "bad kid." As the film progresses, we see Jody as the apparent victim of a bad relationship between her own widowed mother and Ray, a man who, like everybody else, grew up in the town. Somehow, Beth sees that Jody isn't all that bad; "she just needs a friend." Beth sticks by her, even when Jody is blamed for almost killing Beth. Jody has a dream, though, a dream of finding lost gold in Bear Mountain, left there by a legendary woman named Molly Morgan. Jody has a map, and she has a "condo" in the mountain near the entrance to a series of caves & tunnels leading to the supposed gold. On the first day of summer, Jody and Beth find the cave where the gold supposedly is hidden. The movie continues digging deeper into Jody's life through Beth's eyes. Although the legend of Bear Mountain is the prime motivator of several incidents, it's Jody's relationship to Ray, her mother, Beth, and the rest of the townspeople that provides the focus of the movie. Written by Joe Sewell <jsewell@iu.net>
It is available by parts from YouTube, but in terrible quality. Has anybody some better issue?
loverboy

Re: [REL] Gold Diggers: The Secret of Bear Mountain (1995)

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

It's on CG as a DVD rip so quite surprising I missed it. Screenshots indicate it's of pretty good quality as well.

[Image][Image][Image]

I'm downloading now so give me a couple of days.......unless someone else obliges!

lb
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

whats cg?
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:whats cg?
Cinemageddon.......private torrent tracker, but invites can always be arranged!.........or wait for when they occasionally open-up registration.

lb
starfish21

this looks like my cup o tea,if you can send me an invite LB i'll register and help out. :icon_thumbsup
[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

re cinemageddon..............'i'm in'

gold diggers is trickling in. :cool
jkecal

Post by jkecal »   1 likes

I found torrent with the mentioned terrible version - connected four parts together, there is result:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [691.44 Mb]

But low quality, hard Spanish subtitles ... .
If anybody has sg. better, it would be appreciated.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   2 likes

This can be moved to release now.......
loverboy wrote:It's on CG as a DVD rip so quite surprising I missed it. Screenshots indicate it's of pretty good quality as well.

[Image][Image][Image]

I'm downloading now so give me a couple of days.......unless someone else obliges!

lb
Like this post to see ed2k links  [659.32 Mb]

Good quality English language widescreen release. starfish21 should be along shortly to help out on this so you'll get it quite quickly.

lb
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:This can be moved to release now.......

lb
*Moved* :thumbsup

Thanks for coming through, once again lb!! You must eat, sleep and breathe this stuff!! :eyecrazy

This is one movie I'm pretty sure was here once; long ago, far, far away.... ;) I've personally had the DVD for ages...

My thinking is the 'terrible quality' in jkecal's memory probably refers to more than the 'picture quality': I was MAJOR excited when this came out [straight to video pretty much, which sent off a couple warning bells...], as it contained two of my fave child actresses Anna Chlumsky and Christina Ricci.. :heart

I was totally blown away with the absolute lack of chemistry these two girls had onscreen.. I can't imagine them even being friends in real life! I hate being such a nay-sayer, and a lot of times a lot of folks totally disagree with me; but after viewing this let me know if anyone else notices that too.

Everything else was pretty well done. The script, acting, and production values were pretty decent.. Maybe it was the directors fault in that it just looked like everyone was 'doing-it-by-the-numbers'; no real 'heart' in their performances.. :think

As I said, I expect a lot of folks to disagree [a LOT of praise for it on imdb] as this isn't the worst movie in the world.. I was just very disappointed after viewing because of how much I liked both actress's other works [Anna: My Girl {1&2}, Trading Moms.. Christina: Mermaids, Addam's Family {1&2}, Casper].

Who knows, maybe I'll dust off the old DVD and see if time has changed my perception any... :think

Anyway, this film SHOULD be here as I think the girls [characters] 'come-of-age' during the course of the movie so many thanks to jkecal and lb for making it happen!! :onfire

kev.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

kev wrote: thanks to jkecal and lb for making it happen!!
kev.
Amen. and hallelujah! ;)
starfish21

sharing now.