[REL] Let Me In (2010)

ptguardian

[REL] Let Me In (2010)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228987/

another one for the fans of Kick Ass-girl Chloe Moretz

[Image]
An alienated 12-year-old boy befriends a mysterious young newcomer in his small New Mexico town, and discovers an unconventional path to adulthood in “Let Me In,” a haunting and provocative thriller written and directed by filmmaker Matt Reeves (“Cloverfield”).

Twelve-year old Owen (Kodi Smit-McPhee) is viciously bullied by his classmates and neglected by his divorcing parents. Achingly lonely, Owen spends his days plotting revenge on his middle school tormentors and his evenings spying on the other inhabitants of his apartment complex. His only friend is his new neighbor Abby (Chloe Moretz), an eerily self-possessed young girl who lives next door with her silent father (Richard Jenkins). A frail, troubled child about Owens’s age, Abby emerges from her heavily curtained apartment only at night and always barefoot, seemingly immune to the bitter winter elements. Recognizing a fellow outcast, Owen opens up to her and before long, the two have formed a unique bond.

When a string of grisly murders puts the town on high alert, Abby’s father disappears, and the terrified girl is left to fend for herself. Still, she repeatedly rebuffs Owen’s efforts to help her and her increasingly bizarre behavior leads the imaginative Owen to suspect she’s hiding an unthinkable secret.

The gifted cast of “Let Me In” takes audiences straight to the troubled heart of adolescent longing and loneliness in an astonishing coming-of-age story based on the best-selling Swedish novel “Lat den Ratte Komma In” (“Let the Right One In”) by John Ajvide Lindqvist, and the highly-acclaimed film of the same name.
gotta love them young female vampires :heart

release date October 2010

:)
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Let Me In (2010)

Post by kev »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228987/

another one for the fans of Kick Ass-girl Chloe Moretz

[Image]
Saw Chloe on a talk show the other night promoting 'Kick-Ass': She was smoking hottt! :onfire To the point that even my DAD stated she was 'gorgeous'!! (For my dad, that's saying something as he's always denounced my interest in young girls..) :think

She was pretty impressive as she held her own with the host, and was very poised. Better in ways, imo, than Dakota in some of her talk show appearances.. :eyecrazy
ptguardian wrote:...gotta love them young female vampires :heart:)
Exactly! 'Else note what happens in the 'swimming pool' scene.. ;)

lol

kev.
elche2000

Post by elche2000 »   0 likes

I haven't seen it yet but I'm pretty sure this movie is a remake of the swedish movie "Låt den rätte komma in" since the plot sounds exactly the same.
rmt@36

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

definitely looking forward to seeing how she interprets this role

I think she is starting to really come into her own right now.

The release date can't come to soon
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

Let Me In Trailer. (Scroll down and press play)

http://www.movieline.com/2010/07/the-le ... sblood.php
ptguardian

if anyone is interested in attending TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) this will be the premier of "Let Me In" . Ticket Packages available here http://tiff.net/

* Monday September 13
* 9:00:00 PM
* Tuesday September 14
* 3:00:00 PM

i will be off that week and may try and head up to Canada for some fun. :cool Rumor has it Chloe will be there :icon_secret

ptguardian

looks like i won't be able to attend the festival.(way to expensive and difficult). :wall

here is a great link with new trailers and a count down to the full theater release October 1st

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/let-me- ... 1#movTitle

this movie looks way cool :cool

kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

:heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

Saw this in the theater tonight... :heart

I'm in love.. The movie itself is a mixed bag [I REALLY didn't like the CGI effects :wall], but I'm absolutely entranced with Chloe..

You can tell the studio is trying to capitalize on her new 'face recognition' stardom [due, of course, to 'KickAss'] by releasing two new posters:

[Image]

[Image]

The second is my fave. It seems to capture the somber tone of the movie better..

Can't wait for the DVD..

kev.
Quickone

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   13 likes

Oh man, I gotta see this film. I loved the original, but Chloe, mmmmmm! :drool

Like this post to see ed2k links  [28.22 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [6.42 Mb]