[REL] The Lion (1962)

loverboy

[REL] The Lion (1962)

Post by loverboy »   3 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056186/

Featuring a very boyish looking Pamela Franklin (A Tiger Walks https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... ight=tiger & The Innocents https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... =innocents )
A saga about growing up, relationships, and romantic love, this entertaining drama set in Africa has all the added visual benefits of the African landscape and animals. William Holden is divorced New York lawyer Robert Hayward, now unexpectedly in Kenya because his ex-wife Christine (Capucine) is having some problems with their eleven-year-old daughter Tina (Pamela Franklin). Christine has remarried and her new husband John Bullit, a former big-game hunter, now manages a large Kenyan animal preserve. Several circumstances pile up on top of each other after Robert arrives: first he finds out his daughter has an almost obsessive relationship with a lion, next he realizes he still loves his ex-wife, and finally, he also knows that Christine's husband is not blind to the dynamics of this sudden romantic triangle.
Released at CG with more black bars than picture, I've cropped/resized this & tweaked the audio to hopefully improve. I've no idea of the source.....it's claimed to be a TV rip although this can't be verified. View it quality-wise as a good VHS rip & you'll not be disappointed!

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: The Lion 1962 loverboy edit.avi
File Size .......: 1,293.65 MB
Duration ........: 01:31:57
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1838 KB/s
Resolution ......: 640 x 480
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.33:1
Framerate .......: 30 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
Language .......: ENGLISH

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.26 Gb]

Enjoy!
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] The Lion (1962)

Post by kev »   0 likes

Son of a gun...

I picked this up a few years back from a VERY shady online DVD shoppe. I don't think I've finished watching it to date, hence I never considered ripping and posting it..

I'm a Pam Franky fan, [no matter how boy-ish she looks.. :)] and have another movie that was made pretty close to her expiration date that might be of interest.. I'll check it out again and see if it is possibly rippable..

Thanks lb!! I'll d/load and check this out and then re-watch my DVD.. It's possible that it might be a DVR so if it looks any better I might try ripping and posting it also..

Glad to see you're keeping vigilant even in the snoring-est of times!! :icon_1dancingban

kev.
loverboy

Re: [REL] The Lion (1962)

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

I've had a PM from a new member requesting a reshare on this.

I'm doing so but any additional help would be appreciated.

I'm not holding my breath this won't turn into another plea for an alternative download method.....

lb