[REL] Nazi Pop Twins (2007) [UK]

Any documentaries about children can go here.
kev
Site Admin

[REL] Nazi Pop Twins (2007) [UK]

Post by kev »   6 likes

This is another UK production about white supremacists in America; this time focusing specifically on Lynx and Lame Gaede the white supremest pop group 'Prussian Blue'.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1073131/

It's 4 years after Louis Theroux's documentary and now James Quinn comes to America to do a documentary on Prussian Blue, pretty much from the same angle as Louis' piece, except with a good bit less neutrality. :think The girls are now 14/15 years old.

Actually:
imdb wrote:This "documentary" is full of hate! :

This so called "documentary" is not in fact a documentary. It doesn't document real fact from Prussian Blue's lives. Instead, this documentary is just an expression of typical hate. Hatred towards people that don't blend by their ideas. Not to mention the insults brought upon their family calling them "disfuntional".

Hatred is old, as old as humans. It will never stop existing and no law on earth can control people's feelings and sentiments no matter how "offensive" they are. The producer doesn't understand Prussian Blue therefore it hates their band, call them names and claim that they are the hateful ones.

Don't watch this "documentary" because it's nothing neutral about it, it's just hate and anti-Prussian Blue feelings coming out from hateful people.
This pretty much sums up what I got out of this one. I was VERY disappointed that there wasn't more footage of the girls doing what they do: Performing their songs..

Pix:
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
YIKE-STERS!! The mom popped out another daughter, calling her 'Dresden'.. :eyecrazy
[Image]
Then there's THIS interesting sequence: (The family is talking on the phone to the mother's 67yo boyfriend who's in jail.)
[Image]
He should follow his own advice.. He starts talking about the girls:
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
lol... Dream on, brudder!! Or:
[Image]
"Shut-the-f**k-up, you old fart!!"

Anyway, this could have been soooo much better if it actually set out to document the girls and what they are doing with their music rather than just trying to highlight the idiocy of their dogmatic beliefs..

ed2k link:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [348.03 Mb]

Hope you find SOMETHING to enjoy in these 2 releases.. :)

kev.
loverboy

Re: [REL] Nazi Pop Twins (2007) [UK]

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

kev wrote:Hope you find SOMETHING to enjoy in these 2 releases.. :)

kev.
I think SOMETHING to SAY would be a better start...........
One week on & even a bit of controversy can't seem to break through the apathy........ :wall
Oh yes, my excuse is I've been on holiday but what's everyone else's?....... I can't believe it's embarassment about commenting on controversial material........that doesn't seem to have stopped some from airing their dodgy opinions previously & it certainly isn't unwanted as some of the usual suspects are queued/full sources.
I've only just started downloading these so obviously havn't watched them but they seem on topic & worthy of at least a comment & more likely an intelligent debate bearing in mind the subject matter.
Phuzzy's interested in finding a client that allows him to automate the friend-slot process to spread the FLM gospel more effectively. Frankly, until the cling-ons that grab without so much as a comment or thanks start making an effort such a client is of little interest to me.
Sadly, this is not the first time I've had a rant & it probably won't be the last, but most importantly............

[blink]THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME & TROUBLE TO BRING US THESE TWO KEV![/blink]

lb
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I didn't even see this release last week - must've been really tired or something. I'm not sure I'm interested, even seeing how pretty these girls are. Maturity lets you realize that beauty on the outside is meaningless if a person is ugly on the inside, and the fact they continue their hatred says a lot about what they really are.

I'm going to back up here... I never saw the first documentary and haven't watched this one either. I'll reserve judgment until then.

<edit>
Nope, I don't care if the creator of this film chose only the most uncomplimentary footage, these people spew raw hatred. Truly ugly on the inside.
loverboy

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Nope, I don't care if the creator of this film chose only the most uncomplimentary footage, these people spew raw hatred. Truly ugly on the inside.
C'mon now........I'm sure we can be a little more objective than that!
After having watched this & done a little further research I'm left with a definite feeling of sadness rather than anger. The mother is clearly a cup-cake & together with the redneck grandfather they have heaped untold misery & hate on entire sections of society & their own family. However, kids can generally only be exploited & manipulated for a certain time before they develop their own personality & as shown in the later stages of the documentary the girls seemed less inclined to endorse their mother's opinions. Mum is still living in Kalispell, causing the odd fracas with her peculiar ideas, but there is no mention of Lamb or Lynx & the website is gone & the blog historic. It's to be hoped the girls now get to enjoy some normality in their lives.
Despite this being produced for UK TV I'd not seen it before & as such was interested enough to dig a little deeper. As kev points out, don't expect to see much evidence of them performing but they are certainly cute enough. Sadly, their brief period of being famous (or infamous) comes from the content of their material & the controversy surrounding them rather than any raw talent. Watching a couple of YouTube videos I can find little evidence of musical ability that can be considered anything other than abysmal! :wall

lb
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

loverboy wrote:
Phuzzy4242 wrote:Nope, I don't care if the creator of this film chose only the most uncomplimentary footage, these people spew raw hatred. Truly ugly on the inside.
C'mon now........I'm sure we can be a little more objective than that!
After having watched this & done a little further research I'm left with a definite feeling of sadness rather than anger. The mother is clearly a cup-cake & together with the redneck grandfather they have heaped untold misery & hate on entire sections of society & their own family. However, kids can generally only be exploited & manipulated for a certain time before they develop their own personality & as shown in the later stages of the documentary the girls seemed less inclined to endorse their mother's opinions. Mum is still living in Kalispell, causing the odd fracas with her peculiar ideas, but there is no mention of Lamb or Lynx & the website is gone & the blog historic. It's to be hoped the girls now get to enjoy some normality in their lives.
The world is full of haters. These girls' parents have created two more of them. Whether or not they're old enough to develop their own personalities, they've been indoctrinated from birth with this mentality, one which will be very hard to throw off. It will take an extraordinary conscious effort on their part to counteract it, even if they really really want to. The values taught in childhood stick the tightest.

I think it very unlikely they'll ever give up the hate so long as they don't want their family to disown them. If they do, they should fear for their lives because their family would consider them traitors and attack them even more fiercely than the other people they hate.
loverboy wrote: Despite this being produced for UK TV I'd not seen it before & as such was interested enough to dig a little deeper. As kev points out, don't expect to see much evidence of them performing but they are certainly cute enough. Sadly, their brief period of being famous (or infamous) comes from the content of their material & the controversy surrounding them rather than any raw talent. Watching a couple of YouTube videos I can find little evidence of musical ability that can be considered anything other than abysmal! :wall

lb
Atrocious music - playing, singing, and content. Barely talented enough to be in a gradeschool play, not talented enough for a high school musical. IMO the only raw talent they seem to have is the ability to rub nerves raw with noise or put me to sleep from boredom. Whoever "wrote" the music was less-than-inspired, words or tunes. Ugh!

Thanks, kev. I appreciate the release even if I can't stand their message - I know to avoid this pair in the future.
loverboy

Phuzzy4242 wrote:The world is full of haters. These girls' parents have created two more of them. Whether or not they're old enough to develop their own personalities, they've been indoctrinated from birth with this mentality, one which will be very hard to throw off. It will take an extraordinary conscious effort on their part to counteract it, even if they really really want to. The values taught in childhood stick the tightest.

I think it very unlikely they'll ever give up the hate so long as they don't want their family to disown them. If they do, they should fear for their lives because their family would consider them traitors and attack them even more fiercely than the other people they hate.
Sorry Phuzzy, but I think your response is being hard on these girls & not giving them a chance in the future. Of course, the message in their 'music' is hateful but their manipulative mother 'got to them' early & wielded terrific influence during their formative years or more precisely, when they could be bought. Yes.......kids can be bought cheaply.........mobile phones, games consoles, clothing, cheap bling, even a burger meal will do until they're old enough to see beyond the next 2 hours of their life. Kids also love performing, with all the kudos, glitz & admiration that goes with it. We've already established as a band they were crap & that realistically they'd struggle to progress beyond YouTube or karaoke, so the ONLY way manipulative mum could ensure success & media interest was through courting controversy by having them perform the material so dear to her heart. I still saw positive signs towards the end of the documentary they wanted little to do with their mother's crusade so I'll give them another chance until proved otherwise.
Mum is still half-heartedly banging her supremacist drum & nothing is being said about the twins other than that they've graduated. This has to be viewed as encouraging & I wish them peace. Now if somebody were to inadvertently take a pot-shot at their loony mum they'd probably get my vote!

lb
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

loverboy wrote: Sorry Phuzzy, but I think your response is being hard on these girls & not giving them a chance in the future.
I still saw positive signs towards the end of the documentary they wanted little to do with their mother's crusade so I'll give them another chance until proved otherwise.
You may be right - after all, I don't know them personally, so how would I know how they really are. People can change and I believe most people have at least some good in them. I don't wish badness on anyone.