[REL] Kidco (1984)

loverboy

[REL] Kidco (1984)

Post by loverboy »   10 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087550/

[Image]
The Eighties was the decade of child-empowerment. One couldn’t throw a Madball without hitting a film about kids bucking the system and striking out on their bikes toward unchaperoned adventures. Movies like The Goonies and Explorers played to the every-kid fantasy of taking charge and shaking off the curfews of adult oppression. Kidco is no exception with bumbling grown-ups aplenty and sassy, know-it-all rascals spouting snappy lines. It’s the classic story of Big Government versus small business, of the little guy trying to turn a profit while trying to get his homework done before bedtime.
[Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: Kidco 1984 loverboy edit.avi
File Size .......: 847.23 MB

Duration ........: 01:43:59
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1011 KB/s
Resolution ......: 480 x 360
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.33:1
Framerate .......: 29.970 FPS

Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

I had high hopes for the quality of the 1.59gb TV rip I downloaded but was disappointed..........the audio stream was taking up 1.02gb of the file size leaving little for the video! :wall I've re-encoded the audio to a more appropriate size for a 25-year-old movie & had a play with the video but realistically the quality is no better than that of an average VHS rip.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [847.23 Mb]

Enjoy!
popdrome

Re: [REL] Kidco (1984)

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

coooool release mister :bigups

thanks for this. can't wait.

:thumbsup
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

On the run.... :cool

Thanks loverboy
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Wow!

Another blast from the past. My VHS copy has seen much better days, so it will be good to have a digital copy on hand.. Even if the quality doesn't come up to your hopes, it's GOTTA be better than what I have.

Thanks for tweaking and releasing, loverboy! :thumbsup

kev.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

I wondered why the sudden activity in my upload queue.............

http://sharethefiles.com/forum/viewtopi ... ilit=kidco

The internet is a powerful tool.......it appears to have the ability to transform an average VHS rip into a DVD rip! ;)
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Thanks loverboy

The caps really made my mind up about downloading this :)
popdrome

loverboy wrote:The internet is a powerful tool.......it appears to have the ability to transform an average VHS rip into a DVD rip! ;)
LOL! I can relate, loverboy, happened to my rips many times!! Excellent how you put it and the VHS become a DVD. he he he

:icon_ghostbusters
popdrome

Plus;

Let's see how long it takes before it will be available on sddfilms.com for $13.95

;)
loverboy

I'm quite flattered my rip has made STF (& not for the first time) & certainly don't have a problem with it being shared, even with an altered file name. A part of ripping & releasing is acceptance that file names will be changed, releasers will attempt to pass off other people's work as their own & credit is unlikely to be given to the originator.
In this case I was annoyed 'Kidco' was released as a DVD rip (which it certainly isn't). The good folks at STF have been informed.
Schooldaysdvd provides a service for those unable/unwilling/too stupid to obtain material from here & other free resources. I don't approve of his activities (especially since he's been invited to give something back by sharing material here but seems reluctant to do so) but I guess should any kind of witch-hunt occur the knock is more likely to be on his door than mine.
loverboy

Widescreen supposed HDTV rip (700mb) just released at CG.
Screenshots would indicate this is a significant improvement over what's here.

lb