[RREL] The House of the Spirits (1993)

ghost
Site Admin

[RREL] The House of the Spirits (1993)

Post by ghost »   18 likes

The House of the Spirits AKA Åndernes hus AKA A Casa dos Espíritos AKA Das Geisterhaus (1993)

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [691.73 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [697.89 Mb]
BizarreLoveTriangle

Re: [RREL] The House of the Spirits (1993)

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   21 likes

Just saw 4:3 rip posted in TLM, so I'm wondering if the above rip is 4:3 or widescreen?

I've got widescreen DVD, but German audio only :wall

Here is my favorite scene:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [16.21 Mb] :heart
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Wow...

I didn't realize that this title had become such a collectors item... The lowest prices I can find are on used copies and those are still in the 40 - 50 USD range.. :eyecrazy

A few years ago I remember seeing this title in the $5.00USD bin at Wal-Mart.. I wish now I had picked up a few extra copies... ;)

I've got a Brazilian/Portuguese release [A Casa dos Espíritos] on order that reportedly has 5 mins more than the US DVD release. It has English audio, but is fullscreen.. (I saw ref. to ANOTHER version that is 150mins!! )

[Image]

Still available at a fairly good price here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 26prmd%3Dv

Original site link [in case the 'google translate' page is not working right]:
http://www.submarino.com.br/produto/6/9 ... +espiritos

Wow!! I seriously can't believe this movie is so damn expensive now.. :wall

kev.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

DVDR's are about.
There's a couple on TPB including this one.......
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/373884 ... piritus%29
........& at least one on Demonoid.

lb
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107151/

runtime spain 146 min widescreen

i saw a copy on amazon that ships from Brazil that is 145 minutes but i am not sure i trust it will be correct copy(amazon market place). many times i have sent for item only to receive wrong one. the 140 min us version is easily found. the big question is do we really need the extra 5 minutes? does the 140 contain what is listed at http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=154 and to add to the mystery RareFilmFinder lists it at 133 minutes :eyecrazy

:)
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107151/

runtime spain 146 min widescreen

i saw a copy on amazon that ships from Brazil that is 145 minutes but i am not sure i trust it will be correct copy(amazon market place). many times i have sent for item only to receive wrong one. the 140 min us version is easily found. the big question is do we really need the extra 5 minutes? does the 140 contain what is listed at http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=154 and to add to the mystery RareFilmFinder lists it at 133 minutes :eyecrazy
My DVD runs 141 minutes and it does contain the scene that is listed at RareFilmFinder (posted above). If anyone can find a widescreen version with English soundtrack, it would be cool.

I would post a full rip of my German version if anybody wants.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

RareFilmFinder lists the runtime as 133 minutes & mentions the scene I guess everyone's getting excited over so I'll interpret that as it being there..........which leaves us with an extra 7 or 12 minutes depending on your edit to speculate over...........& we haven't even started to discuss any PAL/NTSC issues.
This is starting to faintly remind me of a previous thread of not that long ago that got rather obsessive over a few minutes of edited/bathtub/nudity scenes. That one ended up getting locked.......let's keep this one sensible & in proportion.
I'm d/loading the Spanish/English language multi-sub DVDR torrent at present & will rip & release that when complete. Torrent stats/nfo's are notoriously crappy but if to be believed this should be widescreen of some description & 140 minutes long. Time will tell........

lb
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:i saw a copy on amazon that ships from Brazil that is 145 minutes but i am not sure i trust it will be correct copy(amazon market place). many times i have sent for item only to receive wrong one....
ptg... :eyecrazy

You must have the luck of shiite...

I have been dealing with Amazon.com AND many of their marketplaces for the last 15 years and I haven't ever received a wrong item. Never!

Now, I've had my problems with eBay but those have only amounted to maybe 4 or 5 shyster sellers during my 20 years of using that particular auction site.

As for 'needing' the extra 5 mins; who knows?

I already have the US ws release that runs the same time as BLT's German release. And it has the 'controversial' scene listed at rff, along with a near 'molestation' scene which, quite honestly, I personally felt was a bit 'controversial'.. I mean it definitely got MY attention! ;)

My intention is to do a side by side check of the 2 DVD's when the Brazilian DVD [actually purchased from an Amazon 'Market Place' seller that I have purchased from before] arrives to determine JUST what the difference is.

The only reason I would even bother is because beyond the OT scenes, I actually enjoyed the entire movie. And being annoyingly OCD I want to have as much of the entire movie as I possibly can.. :)

*whew* I'm sure my Amazon story is just as far to the 'good experience' end of the spectrum as yours is to the 'bad experience' end...

I would imagine that most people who deal with Amazon.com and the 'Market Place' sellers Amazon supports, would have much better results than you have seemed to have. Maybe not as good as mine, but I'd bet at least a 'satisfactory' experience.. ;)

kev.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

YES my luck has been sucking as of late,
i usually have no troubles with amazon marketplace and i am willing to bet i have ordered enough movies from them that i could open my own small video store. with about a 98% success rate. but lately on specific movies such as this where it is important to have the correct length i have been disappointed. wright movie wrong duration as listed, dvd when clearly listed as blu-ray, similar title but wrong movie. most of this is probably small details that get over looked with these companies that are dealing with 1000's of titles. i can forgive them because i am usually quite happy and receive my product quicker than amazon and always cheaper.

i only commented about my slight distrust because i recently ordered a movie that is very hard to find with only two sellers and received a music video of the same title. i emailed the seller and they gave a refund and i still have the video. this was very nice. but when i tried to buy from the other seller amazon refused to sell it to me saying because of customs they can't sell me more than one copy of the same movie. :snooty i could probably use a different account and have it sent to a different address but it would be a hassle that i don't have time for. i will just buy it later.(hopefully it will still be available) as for this movie it doesn't matter as i have downloaded the dvdr. :cool

:)
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

kev wrote:I already have the US ws release that runs the same time as BLT's German release. And it has the 'controversial' scene listed at rff, along with a near 'molestation' scene which, quite honestly, I personally felt was a bit 'controversial'.. I mean it definitely got MY attention! ;)
According to amazon.com, there are two US DVDs, 1.33:1 and 1.85:1 aspect, but mine is 2.35:1 :cool

(It has that other scene too.)