[REL] Jyoou No Kyoushitsu (2005)

DarkStar

[REL] Jyoou No Kyoushitsu (2005)

Post by DarkStar »   8 likes

女王の教室
じょおうのきょうしつ
Jyoou No Kyoushitsu
The Queen's Classroom

One of my favorite shows ever! Jyoou No Kyoushitsu is a J-Drama series which ran for eleven episodes in 2005. In addition, two prequel specials aired following the show's conclusion, which further explore Akutsu-sensei's character.

Description from Jdorama:
Yuki Amami plays Maya Akutsu, a sixth-grade teacher who dresses all in black and is repeatedly referred to as "oni sensei" (the teacher from hell), when, in fact, she seems to be a ultrarealist at heart. The drama focuses on a year in her classroom and, particularly, the effect it has on 12-year-old Kazumi--a nice but mediocre student whose parents want to send her to a private secondary school.

Akutsu-sensei accomplished this feat by introducing a test-based rank and privilege system on the first day. The highest scorers on the Monday morning test get their choice of seats and other perks while the two lowest scorers are burdened with all the chores for the week from blackboard and toilet cleaning to serving lunch. The system also disallows toilet breaks during class because this reflects an inability to manage one's own schedule.

Kazumi gets the first week's work assignment along with the class clown, a warmhearted boy who is not nearly as silly as he acts. The child actors in the series are all likeable pros who give realistic portrayals of the wide spectrum of an average classroom from the isolated serious students to the sophisticated girls who think they already know what life is all about. Akutsu-sensei lets them know immediately that they do not have a clue.

When the students protest her system and call it unfair, she tells them to open their eyes. In Japanese society, she lectures, those who work hard or have influence get all the privileges, and the lazy or less affluent end up with the leftovers. She says only six in 100 people can expect to be happy and the elite already have most of the advantages and access to the best medical care. She tells them that, as products of the public school system, they will have to scramble to get anything at all, and most of them will end up as "bonjin" (ordinary people), to whom those on the top will be happy to leave the soldiering and service-sector jobs.
Screencaps From EP1:

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

Links:
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Jyoou_no_Kyoushitsu
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481042/

Info:
704x396
English Hard-Subbed

Series:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [235.73 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [227.47 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [228.76 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [237.20 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [243.39 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [235.64 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [235.70 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [239.56 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [237.08 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [232.01 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [242.38 Mb]

Prequel Specials:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [257.71 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [298.49 Mb]
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Jyoou No Kyoushitsu (2005)

Post by kev »   0 likes

Looks very interesting! :think

It's always great when someone posts a movie or show that hasn't been heard of before.

Many thanks DS! Seems like you favor the Asian movies, which is exciting as we haven't had many released until of late. Keep it up. :thumbsup

Looking forward to this series. :heart

kev.
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »   0 likes

kev wrote:Many thanks DS! Seems like you favor the Asian movies, which is exciting as we haven't had many released until of late. Keep it up. :thumbsup
True. I enjoy foreign entertainment in general, but Japan is special to me. It's the country I'm most familiar with. Got my first taste of J-TV in 2000 and I've been hooked ever since. :)

I've accumulated quite a collection of Japanese shows and movies over the years, so I've got lots more to share.
Jacen

Post by Jacen »   0 likes

I saw this before too. It's filled with cute girls and
the drama is interesting too. Thanks for posting! :)
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

DarkStar, are you still there? QC 2-8 and 11 are incomplete :(
corsarace

Post by corsarace »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:DarkStar, are you still there? QC 2-8 and 11 are incomplete :(
Thanks to DarkStar for this nice post and asking for reshare too... :)
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

corsarace wrote:Thanks to DarkStar for this nice post and asking for reshare too... :)
Don't know how well sourced these are, so I reshared 1, 9, 10, SP1 and SP2. That's all I got :(
corsarace

Post by corsarace »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:
corsarace wrote:Thanks to DarkStar for this nice post and asking for reshare too... :)
Don't know how well sourced these are, so I reshared 1, 9, 10, SP1 and SP2. That's all I got :(
As I can see "kev" must have sources... :pray
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Japan is the country of school dress costume... ;)