[REL] Ellen Foster (1997)

Rich

[REL] Ellen Foster (1997)

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Ellen Foster (1997)

[Image]
Because the passage of years has a way of fogging most adults' memories of their own "childhoods" - especially in the intangible areas of feelings, hopes, hurts, decisions, goals, strategies, etc., they will often conclude that "children" are sort of non-sentient, non-human beings - blank pages in-putting a stream of data for use in their later, more important after metamorphosis existence. I read a review once of "The Cure", a movie starring young actors Joseph Mazzello and Brad Renfro, where a critic in a backhanded compliment called them "two of the best pre-actors around."

I suppose that was because, being under twenty-one, they must be "pre-people." Judging by a few of Jena Malone's recent public remarks, not to mention her own real-life experiences, I'm sure she would object to such an attitude. Certainly, her film career belies that attitude. The movie "Ellen Foster" is a good case in point. In it she portrays an eleven year-old girl who, when buffeted by the cruelty and insensitivity of the supposed wise adult world responsible for her care, sets out determinedly to shape a world for herself that does make sense. Ellen belongs to no one but her own unique really human self.

However, it isn't just the character who achieves the point. More important, by her powerful performance, Miss Malone certainly proves she is an actor - and person - of substance. Her ability to read and interpret with such perception and sensitivity the inner being of Ellen as she goes through her trials and sets out on her steadfast quest is precisely on point. This movie is a tour de force for Jena Malone. In the field of acting, she takes a back seat to no one ... of any age.
Available through Amazon.

thanks, Rich :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133735/

Re: [REL] Ellen Foster (1997)

Post by Guest »   0 likes

Found some stills of Jena Malone, including some from Ellen Foster.

http://www.jenamalone.com/photographs.php

Is there any nudity in this? I have seen this on Hallmark, but that channel is guaranteed nudity free. :( If not, then the next time it shows, I'll do a TVrip.

The movie has a few stills of a very young Jena Malone.

I cant be sure, but id guess it doesn’t have nudity in.

I wonder if Hallmark is referring to adult nudity??

If you can rip this, wonderful!!!
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Debaser wrote:I cant be sure, but id guess it doesn’t have nudity in.
True, but she is (filmed carefully) in the bath :?

Jena Malone looks great anyway ;)

but a nude scene would have been nice, damn director!

:thumbsup:

Perhaps iv just been watching Bastard out of Carolina to many times, but during a certain shirt ripping scene I think I saw a nip, but maybe that wont count.

About the other characters, I liked Amanda Peet (hippie couple who were kind to Ellen), but maybe I'm just biased - I like Amanda Peet, so... :roll:
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   20 likes

thanks ghost :)

Your rip?

Oh i love Jena Malone, and i am sure that one day we will get to see her naked body, oh yeah. :twisted: