[REL] The Angel Of Pennsylvania Avenue (1996)

loverboy

[REL] The Angel Of Pennsylvania Avenue (1996)

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Continuing with the Christmas releases.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115543/
When an unemployed Detroit man is arrested for a crime he didn't commit, his three children are determined to get him out of jail in time for Christmas and they decide to enlist the help of "the most powerful man in the world" - President Hoover. En-route to the White House, they meet an array of colorful characters.
A somewhat less than complimentary synopsis........

http://saturdaynightcrap-o-rama.blogspo ... -1996.html

It's nothing like as bad as the reviewer portrays......I'm guessing he's simply one of the miserable gits who doesn't like Christmas!

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: The Angel Of Pennsylvania Avenue 1996 DVB-T rip loverboy.avi
File Size .......: 1,407.19 MB
Duration ........: 01:28:39
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 2091 KB/s
Resolution ......: 720 x 540
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.33:1
Framerate .......: 25 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
Language .......: ENGLISH

Direct-to-cable movie from The Family Channel that has never made it to either VHS or DVD, so unless someone comes up with an HDTV rip this is probably as good as it gets.
Cheap & nasty transmission from the Channel Five Group, who spent the absolute minimum in bringing this to UK TV!

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.37 Gb]

Enjoy!
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] The Angel Of Pennsylvania Avenue (1996)

Post by kev »   0 likes

Wow, lb!! :eyecrazy

I saw your post last night and almost flipped! I had seen this over Thanksgiving on the 'Hallmark Channel' and thought it was really cute, albeit a little too sugary sweet.

The 'Saturday Night Crap-o-Rama' review was spot on in one aspect of their review:
Saturday Night Crap-o-Rama wrote: ...Furthermore, there are so many times these kids should’ve died. My gosh, how they avoided having their organs harvested for the black market, I don’t know.
The kids [as well as mumsy once she sets out after them] meet sooo many oddball characters during their journey, that ONLY in a 'Hollywood' TV fantasy could they actually stumble on only the kindest dregs of humanity.. (Although there is ONE short scene [the films single nod to 'Hey kids; running away from home could be dangerous so don't try it'] where a drunken lout [driving a car with an open booze bottle IN HIS HAND, as well as slurring his words] tries to lure the children into his car..)

Nonetheless, something brought the movie to mind recently and I decided to check and see if it had been released on DVD, and LO!, I found someone had released an HD recorded DVD burn. Naturally I ordered it... ;)

To my pleasant surprise I found that this nice seller had even taken the time to create cover and disk art for their product:

[Image][Image][Image]

Not only that, but they released both a full and wide-screened version.. Unfortunately, A) both versions are water-marked by the channel showing them. (The full screen version is least intrusive to the onscreen image) And B) the sound quality on both is sorta sucky.. :(

Anyway, my copies don't seem to be HD, so unless there's a call [and due to the rabid lack-of-interest this [REL] has generated, I sorta doubt there will be], I won't bother with ripping...

Many thanks lb for capping and releasing this movie. Seriously; for those that like the other family oriented movies that have been released at FLM, THIS movie is very enjoyable fare. Both girls* are a pleasure to watch!! :heart

kev.

*(For info on the little brother, refer to the 'Saturday Night Crap-o-rama' review: http://saturdaynightcrap-o-rama.blogspo ... -1996.html ;) ) lol
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Interesting........thanks for the info kev & especially the artwork.

This is one where I'm really starting to feel left behind a bit. :wall
This has now been transmitted twice, firstly on 'FIVE' & with this rip on 'FIVEUSA'. 'FIVE' is now an HD channel in the UK & I deliberately didn't capture this first-time around in the hope someone may have released an HD rip before it aired for the second time. Sadly nothing appeared so I went ahead with my normal capture. HD is becoming more widely available in the UK but like anything decent & with any element of quality it comes at a premium. My only option for receiving HD broadcasts is by satellite & the financial cost is one I'm simply not prepared to pay.

I was actually reasonably satisfied with the outright quality of this rip. Yes, HD would have been an improvement but it would also have exaggerated the transmission faults. This was a horrible broadcast that 'FIVEUSA' should be ashamed of. The movie had been clumsily hacked to death to fit the commercials (which they clearly see as being more important than the programme), it drifted in & out of audio sync throughout & that channel logo! :wall .........could it have been any more intrusive or any nearer the centre?

This just reinforces my opinion that I should reserve my TV captures for only what is unavailable/of poor quality elsewhere.

kev is quite right......do watch this. It's traditional Christmas sickly goo & if I wasn't the nastiest member on the board it might bring a lump to my throat!

lb
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

...And here is a minor appeal to those with more prurient interests.. ;)

I had a friend over earlier in the week right after I got the DVD and I was showing him this movie. I was working on the computer as we watched when all the sudden he yelled out 'panties'! I looked to catch the fight sequence lb capped with this pix:
[Image]
After a careful slo-mo review of the scene, however, I can confidently state that no 'panties' are actually viewed. ;) (Though you CAN catch an infinitesimal glimpse of 'side flesh' when one of the girls' dress hikes up..)

OR if 'cat-fights' in general do it for you; though this one's rather tame, it's still two cute girls going at each other... :thumbsup

lol

kev.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

kev wrote:I had a friend over earlier in the week right after I got the DVD and I was showing him this movie. I was working on the computer as we watched when all the sudden he yelled out 'panties'!
Funny friends you have :icon_rolleyes
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Thanks LB :thumbsup i enjoyed it.

i wish more people would put the the same effort into their posts as you. most of what i have seen lately has been a lot of fluff to get posts counts up. i am not sure what that does for someone anyway? to each his own i guess. i have seen way to many posts that have nothing to do with the thread much less a thank you for their effort. in my book that gains disrespect not respect. i could care less what number you are on as long as you are contributing. thanks again LB for this rare goody :cool

PTg
BizarreLoveTriangle

ptguardian wrote:i could care less what number you are on as long as you are contributing.
Yeah, sadly only a couple of people in TOP 10 are running eMule client continuously and actually sharing stuff. I think I have received more than half of the movies from FLL alone.

Just another off-topic post :icon_1idiot
idler

Post by idler »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:
ptguardian wrote:i could care less what number you are on as long as you are contributing.
Yeah, sadly only a couple of people in TOP 10 are running eMule client continuously and actually sharing stuff. I think I have received more than half of the movies from FLL alone.

Just another off-topic post :icon_1idiot
WTF! My ratio regarding "laura": downloaded 11,73 GB, uploaded 14,27 GB. You ain't call me a leecher, are you? :icon_nunu
BizarreLoveTriangle

idler wrote:WTF! My ratio regarding "laura": downloaded 11,73 GB, uploaded 14,27 GB. You ain't call me a leecher, are you?
Well, if you saw how much I've downloaded from FLL... :eyecrazy

In response to ptg's post, I was talking about TOP 10 posters. Ironically, some of our best contributors have relatively low number of posts. That was the point.

BTW, who is that "laura" you are talking about anyway :think
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:BTW, who is that "laura" you are talking about anyway :think
:icon_roll2