[REL] Flipped (2010)

For An Angel

[REL] Flipped (2010)

Post by For An Angel »   7 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0817177/
This movie comes highly recommended to me from Netflix with a 5/5 predicted rating compared to the 3.6 average. Something like that hasn't happened since Ramona and Beezus :). And Netflix is known for its uncannily accurate predictions. Although, being about young children's first love, it probably has more in common with Little Manhattan. So if you liked that movie then this one's for you :clap
Juli Baker devoutly believes in three things: the sanctity of trees (especially her beloved sycamore), the wholesomeness of the eggs she collects from her backyard flock of chickens, and that someday she will kiss Bryce Loski. Ever since she saw Bryce's baby blues back in second grade, Juli has been smitten. Unfortunately, Bryce has never felt the same. Frankly, he thinks Juli Baker is a little weird--after all, what kind of freak raises chickens and sits in trees for fun? Then, in eighth grade, everything changes.
Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDlXdujRSD8

The film is set in the early '60s and [Image] (from "Henry Poole Is Here" & "2012") and [Image] (from "Swing Vote" & "The Spy Next Door") play Juli at 9 and 13 years old.
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.05 Gb]
ptguardian

Re: [REL] Flipped (2010)

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

good release.... ForAnAngel :thumbsup

i have this on blu-ray :heart

a great little movie. i am glad you brought it here. :cool
FLL

Post by FLL »   4 likes

Thanks FAA! :clap Haven't heard of this, and apparently almost nobody else has so it's great you did.

And a first class post! :bigups

Here's a 1CD-sized XviD for those who can't handle the 720p version. Lots of sources.
Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.68 Mb]

Post by Guest »   1 likes

Quicktime: Invalid Public Movie Atom was Found in the Movie

When using quicktime in Windows or OS X, this error is occasionally seen when trying to view video files. Here is the cause and the fix.

The movie could not be opened.
An invalid public movie atom was found in the movie.

When ripping and viewing videos, this is an error message that is difficult to interpret.

Basically this error occurs when a program converts a video for which the correct codec is not installed.

For example, many programs will convert from divx/xvid to Apple friendly formats for iPods or AppleTv. Most of these programs assume that the correct video interpretation software (codec) is installed. If it is not, the program will convert it anyway. The ultimate unusable output will spit this error.

The fix is to install the correct codec on the machine before performing the conversions

Quicktime does not open the file and VLC does show a black screen with sound only. :(
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

I did not get that particular version, but in general I am pretty sure it's a codec on your end. x264 is still immature technology, there are lots of encoding choices which lead to incompatibilities with different setups. That video is almost certainly encoded in a way that it works for many people. A player/codec update and/or a different player might solve the problem. I think VLC comes with its own codecs, I think Quicktime does too though I ditched QT years ago so don't know really.
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

The version I posted worked perfectly for me with VLC. Have you tried upgrading to the latest version?

Post by Guest »   0 likes

ForAnAngel wrote:The version I posted worked perfectly for me with VLC.
Have you tried upgrading to the latest version?
Having the latest version of VLC for OS X - downloading FLL's version did solve my problem.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

The mp4 version works fine for me with MPlayer and VLC (Linux).

Post by Guest »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:The mp4 version works fine for me with MPlayer and VLC (Linux).
Did not try on my Windows system and forgot to try MPlayer.

But I'm expecting any movie to be QuickTime ( iPad ) compatible.

I did not want to blame ForAnAngel, if it sounded this way, then I'm sorry.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

This movie came up recommended to me from one of those weird movie recap channels on yt. Watched it for 30 seconds and thought it looked quite cute. It appears to be one where the kids age up a bit, but how much, I do not know. It certainly looked good enough to grab anyways and I didn't want any more spoilers.

Super fast torrent, 1080p bluray rip, 7.9gb:
https://www.btdig.com/c1e331b09bbc87669 ... -1080p-fgt
(I am seeding this one now, if anyone wants to grab it from me there. If anyone wants this on emule, just say the word!)

Smaller 1080p file, 1.8gb in uloz measurements, rarbg rip:
https://ulozto.net/file/hfmG31IiwA7N/fl ... -rarbg-mp4