[REL] Iep! (2009) [Belgium/Netherlands]

Rich

[REL] Iep! (2009) [Belgium/Netherlands]

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Iep! (2009)

[Image]
Iep! is about Viegeltje, who looks like a girl but has wings in stead of arms. Bird watcher Warre finds her under brushwood and takes her home. Warre and his wife Tine decide to keep Viegeltje and to raise her like an ordinary girl. But Viegeltje isn't an ordinary girl and she flies away. She wants to go to the South with the other birds. It becomes a long and adventurous journey. Written by Mieke de Jong
:think
ptguardian

Re: [REL] Iep! (2009) [Belgium/Netherlands]

Post by ptguardian »   23 likes

Post by Guest »   0 likes

kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Wow!! Many thanks ptg for finding and bringing this here!! I've been waiting for this one!

Thanks too, willow! I'm excited about the DVD, but I just read some disturbing info on imdb [ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1295059/ ], that said:
hand-eti wrote:This is the first Dutch film ever where the director had her name taken off the credits (the director is now 'Ellen Smits', Alan Smithee's Dutch sister), because 15 minutes were cut out of the film without the director's permission. I don't know if this was a good decision. Fact is that the whole pace of the movie is rather slow. If some action scenes were cut out, this was a bad decision, but if the deleted scenes were more static and introspective, it may have actually been a good decision. Of course I would love to see the deleted scenes, but unfortunately they are not included in the DVD.
I'm not sure how popular this movie was, but apparently it was not enough for the DVD to contain the deleted scenes.. :(

Anyway.. Thread moved to [REL].

I'm putting it in the 'Belgium' forum since Belgium was listed first at imdb. If someone feels it should go in 'Netherlands' let me know..

FLL? :)

kev.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

i am not surprised at this never being released. Rich has the year wrong. coincidentally there is a movie with the same name from that year. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1586466/ it is definitely not this movie. :hand

[Image]
[Image]

this is a fun movie with some really cute moments. the hmm bigger girl is adorable :heart
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

Wow thanks ptg, just got a peek at this download and I can't wait to see the whole movie. Wish there were subs, though. Dutch subs would be helpful too :pray
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

OMG! That's Kenadie Jourdin-Bromley! The smallest little girl in the world! I had no idea she made a movie!
ABOUT LITTLE KENADIE
Kenadie Jourdin-Bromley, known around the world as "the littlest angel", was born Feb.13, 2003, weighing just 2 lbs, 8 ounces.

Doctors were at a loss as to why she was born so small and told her parents this little miracle baby likely wouldn't live through the night. But she did.

She continued to defy doctors expectations and at the age of 8 months, Kenadie was finally diagnosed with primordial dwarfism, a genetic condition that is believed to affect only about 100 people in the world. She wasn't expected to grow past about 30 inches or weigh more than 8 pounds.

But from the day Kenadie was born her parents, Brianne Jourdin and Court Bromley, refused to give up. As they say, "We loved life right into her."

Indeed, they did.

Now 7 years old, Kenadie now walks, runs, laughs, smiles, talks, dances and sings. But, perhaps more importantly, it's the way Kenadie makes people feel that is her strongest achievement. Those who come into contact with her invariably believe that they have been touched by God, that somehow this little angel has touched their soul.

She may be small but no one would argue that this little girl has an enormous effect on people throughout the world.

ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

dvd says subtitles-NONE

we would have to make are own :( sorry
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:dvd says subtitles-NONE
Bummer, just started to download the ISO :wall
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Thanks ptg! :bigups
kev wrote:I'm putting it in the 'Belgium' forum since Belgium was listed first at imdb. If someone feels it should go in 'Netherlands' let me know..

FLL? :)
I changed the title to show dual Belgium/Netherlands parentage, added a pointer here from the Netherlands REL forum (with a Moved tag). This is a solution which makes sense to me when IMDB says one thing (with justification) but that one thing seems wrong ;)
ForAnAngel wrote:OMG! That's Kenadie Jourdin-Bromley! The smallest little girl in the world! I had no idea she made a movie!
Smaller than Jyoti Amge (23 inches tall at 16)? I can't really tell from the picture.