[REL] De witte van Sichem aka Whitey (1980)

billanben

[REL] De witte van Sichem aka Whitey (1980)

Post by billanben »   8 likes

Like this post to see ed2k links  [838.22 Mb]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081765/

Director Robbe De Hert is known as the most controversial director Belgium has (if he is in some talkshow it's always a reason to ask) and it's a bit strange that his first movie (therefore he made some short ones) is a typical Flemish product, and even more it's a remake from Jan Vanderheyden's movie from 1934. With all respect I have for Robbe, I think that movies about the Flemish farmers who are sinking into poverty is a bit too much of a cliche (almost every classical Flemish book has been filmed and all by all the subjects are the same : working, church, the rich and the poor...). Luckily enough "De witte" isn't your typical historical drama but as we all know it's more like "Dennis the menace" with a Flemish touch. Just a shame that most of the jokes are exactly the same like the one from 1934. Due to the popular subject it might be Robbe's most succesfull film but for me it was just like some exercise as there is a lot more to come...

REVIEW

This is a BOY movie but probably very good, looks as if gets into some scrapes so maybe based on some Dutch childhood hero ! Do not download if you are only interseted in Gals - you will be utterly despondant !!
vidman49

Re: [REL] De witte van Sichem aka Whitey (1980)

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

I downloaded this movie - It plays fine and looks good - but there is no audio. Did anyone else have this problem???
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

vidman49 wrote:I downloaded this movie - It plays fine and looks good - but there is no audio. Did anyone else have this problem???
I don't have this problem. Seems to be normal MP3 audio.

BTW, did you turn on the speakers? [Image]
idler

Post by idler »   12 likes

vidman49 wrote:I downloaded this movie - It plays fine and looks good - but there is no audio. Did anyone else have this problem???
Or you could take the Arky - rip...English, French and Italian subs, no need for audio... :321

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.10 Gb]
vidman49

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

Thanks idler - downloading now
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Thanks idler...but mkv extension is compatible to dvd? So i've a dvd reader...but i don't think support the mkv...mmm software for change the extension?
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

ARTHORIUS wrote:Thanks idler...but mkv extension is compatible to dvd? So i've a dvd reader...but i don't think support the mkv...mmm software for change the extension?
mkv is now the container of choice for many and most dvd building programs have recognized this. it might be that all you need is an update with your current program or try another of the many programs out there that advertise mkv as one of the files it can convert.

this particular file contains 3 subtitle options a feat not easily done with other containers ;)

good luck Art and enjoy :cool
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I can recommend VLC because it plays darn near everything you throw at it, is easy to use, there's a portable version (doesn't have to be installed), and it's FREE open source. What it won't play, KMPlayer will and that's also free.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

K-Lite Codec Pack + Media Player Classic is definitly the best choice.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I too use both vlc and mpc home cinema(both great), but I think ART was referring to being able to make a dvd out of file? :think