[REL] Je déteste les enfants des autres (2007)

FLL

[REL] Je déteste les enfants des autres (2007)

Post by FLL »   18 likes

As previously requested in Forthcoming Releases by ghost: https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... php?t=3568

http://imdb.com/title/tt0852970/
http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_g ... 14619.html

http://rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=12729

A comment on IMDB:
« Je déteste les enfants des autres » is one of those « group films » French cinema is fond of and whose father-founder is Claude Sautet with his iconic « Vincent, François, Paul et les autres »

The group in question here consists of Cécile, who takes a vacation in the company of Paolo, her sensitive son, and Rose, her younger daughter (a dreadful pain in the neck) but without her husband she can't put up with any longer. At the beginning of the story she joins three friends who have rented a house in Provence: Pénélope, a single woman unable to keep a man in her life, accompanied by her offspring (Janis,her lazy teenage son and Sataya, his half-sister) and Fred & Louise, a self-proclaimed ideal couple with three kids: Luna, Colombe (a wily spoilt little girl) and Ange, their newborn baby.

To complicate matters, another family turns up unexpectedly, composed of Véro, Cécile's employer, whom she had invited to come never thinking she would, her husband Jean-Mi, their sons Raphaël and Rémy and their daughter Madeleine. To say nothing of the more sporadic but upsetting presence of another of Cécile's friends, the sex bomb Sofia, as well as of Samir, the owner of the rented house posing as the repairman.

With so many people involved how could things not go awry? And they do go wrong, illustrating to perfection the old saying "Too many cooks spoil the broth".

This is Anne Fassio's first feature-length film and for sure not a masterpiece. But it is no flop either, as too many people tend to say. First, forget the Claude Sautet reference: it is overwhelming and Fassio never claims to play in the same league. Second, do not go and see this film if you fancy a summer comedy, for Anne Fassio is not too good at making the spectator laugh. Most of her gags misfire, except maybe during the sequence of Cecile's employer's inopportune visit with all the characters uniting their efforts to stop her from taking root. But neither Fred's rowing lessons, nor sexpot Sofia's antics or Samir's double game are as funny as they could be.

On the other hand, if you approach the film from a different, more serious angle, it starts becoming interesting. The characters and their behaviors are well enough studied, especially Fred and Louise's fake ideal couple, whose flaws are made more and more apparent. Moreover, the theme of children's education methods as a bone of contention between people is examined with relevance. And Fassio is at her best by the end of the film when tragedy insinuates itself into what seemed to be a mere psychological comedy.

The acting is satisfactory on the whole but Elodie Bouchez stands out as poor Cécile, bullied by some adults and certain kids to the point of desperation.
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [696.99 Mb]

Lots of sources, quick download. Also released on Usenet a few days ago in alt.binaries.gougouland, and Google shows torrents are out there.

No subs found yet unfortunately. The DVD is listed as having English subs but it won't be released to retail for another 5 days, and apparently the pre-release group didn't rip them. Hopefully they will show up soon...
ARTHORIUS

Re: [REL] Je déteste les enfants des autres (2007)

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

wow is confirmed??? cause i've d/l some but was all fake...

btw thank you very much :thumbsup
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Wow! Cool find :cool

The torrent is coming :)
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

ARTHORIUS wrote:wow is confirmed??? cause i've d/l some but was all fake...
Yes, I made the the thumbnail contact sheet myself. :dance

I had been trying to find a utility to make those for a while, I knew mplayer (MPC) made them but it always gave me errors and failed. Never did find anything but then finally figured out what settings changes I needed to make to MPC.
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
<Admin edit> pix re-upped at postimage
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   42 likes

Upscaled and enhanced to Full HD:

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.84 Gb]

English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [72.5 Kb]

I hope you enjoy ;)
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

ghost wrote:I hope you enjoy ;)
I know I will! cheers! :bigups

Don't go quietly into the night.