[REL] Secrets of the Pirate's Inn (1969) TV

loverboy

[REL] Secrets of the Pirate's Inn (1969) TV

Post by loverboy »   7 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064954/

http://monsterhunter.coldfusionvideo.co ... -inn-1969/
Secret of the Pirate's Inn stars Ed Begley in one of his last roles, playing a retired Irish sea captain. Three kids (Jimmy Bracken, Annie McEveety, Patrick Creamer), try to help the old salt locate the lost treasure of pirate Jean Lafitte. A reporter (Charles Aidman) tags along, ostensibly to get a story. When the treasure is unearthed, the reporter shows his true colors by making off with the booty and kidnapping one of the kids. Secret of the Pirate's Inn originated as a two-part episode of TV's Wonderful World of Disney, initially broadcast November 23 and 30, 1969.
Lifted straight from CG & notable for being of good quality for a VHS rip, remarkably difficult to find & totally crap. There is an even crappier follow-up starring the 3 kids in 1971, 'The Strange Monster of Strawberry Cove'. Ed Begley however doesn't feature in this one, having croaked a year earlier. Mercifully this seems unavailable, although interestingly it features a very young Kim Richards in her first film role.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067798/

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: Secrets of the Pirates Inn.avi
File Size .......: 699.00 MB
Duration ........: 01:29:04
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 996 KB/s
Resolution ......: 512 x 384
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.33:1
Framerate .......: 29.970 FPS
Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 101 KB/s (VBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch
Language ........: ENGLISH

Not mine.....thanks to the originator.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.00 Mb]

Enjoy!
popdrome

Re: [REL] Secrets of the Pirate's Inn (1969) TV

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Another great release! Thank you! :cool
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I never heard of this or the other one you mentioned. will be grabbing shortly. mean while I will add The Strange Monster of Strawberry Cove to my search list. saw listings on I-offer so a tv-rip must be around.
http://sites.google.com/site/marciodisn ... wberrycove

More rarities from LB :cool
katzenjammer

Post by katzenjammer »   0 likes

Thanks for another rare one, lb
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

This was released very recently at CG & is so dire even I would have passed it by save for the discovery with a bit of research that the follow-up features Kim Richards. Doubtless she'll have a tiny part, but as a fan it would be great to see this.

Good luck with the search ptg!

lb
ptguardian

Her fans have posted some info. apparently just a cameo. a girl outside of house. so her role is probably brief. :( I am a big fan as well and will keep it on my list to find. I liked her in the Nanny and the Professor series and have yet to find good copies of that show.
ptguardian

loverboy wrote:Lifted straight from CG & notable for being of good quality for a VHS rip, remarkably difficult to find & totally crap.
Enjoy!
Quality is enough to enjoy thanks LB :cool

I have to wonder about the source. I don't think it is a vhs-rip. no tracking lines that I could see and a faint movie greats logo(watermark) pops up. I think this was some sort of on demand tv dvr-rip or a streaming rip. :think no matter I am probably the only one that notices such details. I disagree about being crap. good movie thanks again. :thumbsup
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Taken from the release notes that claim this to be a VHS rip.....
Snatched from one old English channel,there is a mark of a channel in below right corner!Very good quality,enjoy!
Movie Greats is/was not a TV channel in the UK I'm aware of :think
References seem to indicate this being an Australian/New Zealand channel & as you say, possibly even on demand/streaming.

The releaser is Serbian so he could simply be referring to an English language channel :think

lb