[REL] Gehrayee (1980)

ARTHORIUS

[REL] Gehrayee (1980)

Post by ARTHORIUS »   65 likes

I've found this title in an ancient thread of Rich. Then i start to search bought dvd and now here it is. About this movie

Usually movies that deal with paranormal topics in india are pretty much horror movies. And these movies are mostly inspired from some foreign flicks and indianized with local superstitions and remedies. Yeah and i forgot those horrible horrible makeups. I thought probably "Manichithra thazhu" was the first sane movie that broke away from this line and gave a clean thriller with a scientific approach. And probably the first movie that treated the subject without any of those usual stupid horror movie components. But i was wrong, Gehrayee which came in 1980 is another movie that deals the subject very well. It does not take the scientific line of "Manichithra thazhu" ,but it deals the story in a very sane way without much of the commercial cinema fuss. For a movie that was made in 1980, it is totally a different one. Even thought the movie kind of becomes a spirit , ghost oriented one in the end. It does not use it as a means to frighten the audience, but to move the story forward. It is more like the ghost that comes in Shakesphere's Hamlet, rather than the one in the usual horror movies.

http://rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=29529
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259322/

[Image]

Synopsis

The movie is set in bangalore.Chenna Bassappa (Sriram lagoo) and his wife saroja(Indrani Mukherjee) are two opposite sides when it comes to beleifs.Chenna Bassappa is a modern man who does not beleive in astrology, ghost and other superstitions that his wife beleives.They have two childrens nandu(Anant Nag) and Uma(Padmini Kolhapure).There happy life is shaken by the sudden change in uma.she starts behaving strangely, she goes into spell at times and behaves like different person.Chenna Bassapa takes her to a psychiatrist against his wife’s wishes and gives her treatment. All the treatment fail. Then she is taken to magicians and tantrics. Once when Uma is under the spell of the spirit, she tells some secret which causes a rift in the family. Uma's brother is concerned only in curing her and does not care about the means. The movie kind of takes the spirits and ghosts line after that and when u think the movie ended. It starts again with Nandu on a revenge trail. The movie ends with a nice climax.

Here's some ss

[Image] [Image] [Image]
[Image] [Image] [Image]
[Image] [Image] [Image]

And the movie. original language no subs

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.52 Gb]

Btw in the dvd there are the subs. but i don't know what do i do to rip.
Enjoy
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Gehrayee (1980)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

This sounds interesting - I like scary little girls. ;) Maybe someone can give pointers on how to rip subs.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Thanks Art, look here: How to Rip Subtitles ;)
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

ok i'll try this evening ;)
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

I concur with the other posters; looks like a cool movie. I also LOVE kids-in-horror movies.

Many thanks, ART. Good luck with the subs.

kev.
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

whoa seems like to be hard to extract srt file...i'll try
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   20 likes

ok i follow the guide now i've made this

Like this post to see ed2k links  [141.6 Kb]

Hope it good :roll:
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Hey Art, are you sharing anything you released last week? None of them have shown a complete source and there are a bunch of people sitting at just a few percent.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Hey Art, are you sharing anything you released last week? None of them have shown a complete source and there are a bunch of people sitting at just a few percent.
I had the same problem. I went ahead and cancelled the links yesterday and just ordered the DVD.. :icon_biggrin2

Hopefully ART can get things cooking soon... :pray

kev.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

me too i'm not the most patient guy in the world,when nothing came in after a week i just cancelled the download.