[REL] Hold Me Tight (2010)

starfish21

[REL] Hold Me Tight (2010)

Post by starfish21 »   84 likes

Hold Me Tight (2010)-Hold om mig (original title)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1570091/

[Image]

[Image]

A film about peer pressure and taking responsibility for one's own life. The story revolves around Sara, Mikkel, Hassan and Louise, four teenagers, who are searching for their own identity and an anchor in their lives. One ill-fated day in the classroom a misunderstanding is thrown out of proportion and creates a wave of chaos. Suddenly they are the guilty ones and the victims of a game that has got out of hand.

Four teenagers, all with their own problems, attending the same class have their lives dramatically change in the course of 24 hours. The reason is jealousy, peer pressure and how isolated from one another kids are. This is tremendously well-acted. I would say that Cukic has a few off moments; this may also be because she is excessively cruel. The characters in this are very neutral(presumably to keep them from becoming so specific that not all audience members can relate to them; this is not to be confused with stereotypical), so in order to create and escalate conflict(something this does not always do convincingly and in a natural manner), they have to behave in ways that don't mesh with what we've seen them be like. Andersen has very expressive eyes, and she uses them well. Keep a look-out for anything else she may appear in. I have heard this described as rather intense, and I disagree; my best guess as to why is that we don't really feel like we know these people. Again, they are too vague. They are developed, though, and we do genuinely sympathize with all of them. Their relations with one another aren't always credible, but the ones between them and their parents are. This is Munk's first feature(I understand his shorts are critically acclaimed), and he does remarkably well. He doesn't overuse the tools at his disposal, in fact, the direction is almost flawless. The use of sound is good, and the use of silence is perfect. There is little music in this, and it isn't manipulative. Instead, it is underplayed. Editing and cinematography are fantastic. Very tight shots, without being excessive in that regard. Yes, the script is the writer of Kollegiet/Room 205; however, he has greatly improved since then. At 75 minutes, this doesn't overstay its welcome, and it doesn't solve everything. Life's troubles aren't taken care of in the space of 90 minutes. There is a lot of disturbing content(including a sort of "fake rape"), as well as a little sexuality, full frontal male nudity and strong language in this. I recommend this to anyone that feel they can handle it. The best of the three recent Danish films that deal with bullying in some capacity, the other two being My Best Enemy and Civilization(Hævnen).

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

General
Complete name : Hold Me Tight (2010).avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 776 MiB
Duration : 1h 15mn
Overall bit rate : 1 438 Kbps

Video
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
Format settings, BVOP : 2
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
Codec ID : XVID
Codec ID/Hint : XviD
Bit rate : 1 298 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 388 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 1.856
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.186
Stream size : 700 MiB (90%)
Writing library : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

Audio
ID : 1
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 3
Codec ID : 55
Codec ID/Hint : MP3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 69.0 MiB (9%)
Alignment : Split accross interleaves
Interleave, duration : 26 ms (0.65 video frame)
Writing library : LAME3.98.4

Like this post to see ed2k links  [775.59 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [40.3 Kb]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL]Hold Me Tight (2010)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Brilliant! Thanks starfish.
vidman49

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

Thanks!!! Danish movies are among my favorites!!
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Fun movie. The fake rape in the classroom is interesting. Only person under 17 in this is the boy(Sarah's little brother) and he does a good job.

:)
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

the main actress looks quite young.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:the main actress looks quite young.
Perhaps it is you getting older. :icon_old

I think she is cute and the movie is fun. To be honest though. Do I think she looks under 17? No. I think the only reason she may look young is because her co-stars look so much older and probably are.

I like girls of ages, but when I come here I expect children on a forum that represents children films. I had this film and didn't release it and never thought of it as FLM material because the only interest would be the young boy. Personally I think girls are better and he didn't look enough like one to pass. :lol:

Pardon my sarcasm as I do love your posts. :)
starfish21

It seems to be wanted well enough,9 likes in 1 day(and counting).That tells me i've hit the right note.
Debaser

Re: [REL] Hold Me Tight (2010)

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Thank you starfish.

If anyone can reshare that would be great TYVM :)
starfish21

done
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:done
Cheers :icon_beergulp