[REL] Mr. Nobody (2009)

For An Angel

[REL] Mr. Nobody (2009)

Post by For An Angel »   53 likes

I debated a long time whether or not I should release this movie. In the end, I just love it too much not to release it. If it has to be moved to Verified Off-Topic then so be it. It could be described as a scifi romantic drama, but it's so much more than that. This movie has everything in it. It's epic in its complexity, similar to Magnolia or The Fountain. It also might leave you scratching your head like Mulholland Drive because a lot of it doesn't make sense. It contains themes of the nature of time and space, entropy, memory, choices, possibilities, multiple universes, the butterfly effect, superstition, fear, love, immortality and so much more. It is the most expensive Belgian film to date at $50 million but you'd think it cost a lot more than that to make.

[Image]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485947/
In 2092, when humans have discovered the secret to immortality, 118 year old Nemo is the last mortal left. Recounting his life story to a reporter, he is less than clear as he confuses some possible lives with others. He tells of his life at three primary points in his life: as a young child when his parents divorced, as a teenager when he was in love and as a married adult. The confusing aspect of the story is that he tells of alternate life paths, often changing course with the flick of a decision at each of those ages. He tells of three possible existences and marriages he might have experienced. Elise, a depressed woman who never got over the unrequited love she had for a guy named Stefano when she was a teenager and who asked Nemo to swear that when she died he would sprinkle her ashes on Mars. A second life path has him married to Jean. Their life is one of luxury but one also of utter boredom. And a third life path has him in a torrid romance with his step-sister Anna, the two who, as adults, would search for each other after having been torn apart as teenagers. These life paths also intersect, with the three women sometimes entering the alternate life in some other aspect. Are any of these lives real or are they all a figment of his imagination? References to the big bang theory, the nature of time, superstring theory, and memory help structure the plot.
[Image][Image][Image][Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.49 Gb]

It's not the smallest file but it is about two and a half hours and good quality. This is not my rip so there are plenty of sources. I'll still help share of course.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Mr. Nobody (2009)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

This looks pretty cool. Looking forward to it. Thanks FAA.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

This looks quite entertaining,FAA,i see a 1.5gb brrip in a.b.boneless,i'll grab that one i think.going by your screens,there seems to be a few young performers making appearances.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Your plethora of preview pix convinced me, FAA!! :)

[Image]

I'm picking up the DVD, but a nice good quality avi file never hurt anyone! :bigups

Many thanks for bringing this film here! :heart

kev.
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

Oh yes, the angels of oblivion scene. That's one of my favorite scenes in the movie. Along with the swimming pool scene, of course.
You can watch them both on youtube along with lots of other scenes from the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKLDaboFVYQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKWLmIawGUI

Just note that there are two versions of this movie. The extended version (which I posted) is the only one I watch now and it's about 20 minutes longer than the original one. Both are just as confusing though. :? I'm sorry if the one I posted is too big for some, it wasn't easy to find a good quality version of the extended cut that wasn't dubbed or had hardcoded subs but still had lots of sources. I had a 6GB copy of the Bluray that I later had to burn to DVD to save space, so at least it's not that big. :D
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

This film doesn't belong in Unlisted. IMDB lists this as Canada | Belgium | France | Germany so I'm inclined to move this to Canada unless someone objects.
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

I never know how to decide where a movie belongs when imdb lists multiple countries like this one. Even though it's in English, the movie was shot in Belgium, Canada, Germany and England. The main actors are American, Canadian, German, Vietnamese and British (though most of them are British). The movie takes place in America and England. The the writer/director is Belgian. And of the dozens of production companies listed on IMDB most of them are Belgian or French. So I don't see a reason to prefer any one of those countries over another.