[REL] Imaginary Friend (2006) short [USA]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
ghost
Site Admin

[REL] Imaginary Friend (2006) short [USA]

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Someone ever hraed about this movie?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0758040/

http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=13778

Abigail Breslin :heart

[Image]
ARTHORIUS

Re: [REQ] Imaginary Friend (2006)

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

First time heard...impossible to find info...only on imdb...that's it i think for two cause...

Not distributed or the movie is consider B-Movie
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Yes, this movie's been on my 'want' list awhile. I think like 'Tideland', they're have a bit o' trouble finding a distributor as it just doesn't seem like a 'blockbuster' hit!

kev.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   1 likes

ptguardian wrote:Steamed

http://www.imdb.com/video/wab/vi602932761/

enjoy :D
Yes, it's very hot and sweaty ;)

Just so no one gets confused, contrary to what ghost and RFF said, the main character is played by Abigail Brewster (not Abigail Breslin) who was only 5 when she made this film. It's only 26 minutes long and maybe more violent than you expect. There is actually another short film called 'Imaginary Friend' from the same year too, that may be of interest.
Unlike what the idealized nostalgia of childhood would lead one to believe, imaginary friends are not the result of over active imaginations or schoolyard loneliness, but rather are tools for eluding punishment. A child can place blame on a silent and invisible partner, and thus forego any consequences for mischief-the perfect scapegoat. This may work for the child, but what about the imaginary friend? What kind of life is that-voiceless, manipulated, trapped? An imaginary friend thus has a choice: continue living as an invisible whipping boy--unable to speak on his own behalf-or, emancipate himself and perhaps fade away, for, what's the use of an imaginary friend if you can't blame him? Enter Paul (played by PAUL BUTCHER): painfully aware of his situation as an imaginary friend, and perhaps even more painfully besotted with his host, Lucy (played by MIA FORD). As his lens to the world, Lucy enraptures him with childish abandon, and for a moment he is free and happy. He spends his days accompanying Lucy, whenever she is feeling lonely, insecure, or in need of a good scapegoat. However, Paul must endure the sufferings of a voiceless existence, for, if he maintained his dignity and gave up, there'd be no existence to have. His fate is directly linked to Lucy's belief that he exists, without her, his window to the world is shut and he fades into oblivion. Paul knows that when Lucy grows up and grows past him, he will be as useless as her old coloring books and Barbie dolls; what he doesn't know is what will happen next. Will he disappear in oblivion? Or just hang around and watch life pass him by? Paul isn't sure, but he's ready to find out.
[Image]
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

Here is the other short by the same name FAA mentioned. I am pretty sure it is already here at FLM someplace? :)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   18 likes

And here's the ed2k link of the film FAA mentioned and ptg "steamed". :lol:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [25.72 Mb]

I know I've seen this before but I can't find it on FLM either. :(
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

It's here or been mentioned somewhere, as I've already seen it / got it sometime last year.

Thanks for the link for the 2nd version of 'Imaginary Friend', Phuzzy.. Anyone d/loaded the Abigail Brewster / Breslin version yet?? I want a hard file of those.. (No 'steaming' for me.. ;) )

Many thanks!

kev.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   32 likes

Here you go. :icon_cool2

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [232.69 Mb]

You can move to [REL]

ENJOY
kev
Site Admin