[REL] Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

kev
Site Admin

[REL] Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

Post by kev »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1748122/

Synopsis:
Rob Boylan/OrlandoWeekly wrote:Moonrise Kingdom, presents a simple story: A boy and a girl, Sam and Suzy (newcomers Jared Gilman and Kara Hayward), both young, both outcasts who are occasionally prone to violent outbursts, fall in love. The pair, feeling their home lives caving in on them, decide to run away to make that love work within the little bit of space they can carve out together before parents (Frances McDormand and an absolutely show-stealing Bill Murray), troopmasters (Edward Norton, Harvey Keitel) and Johnny Law (Bruce Willis) can catch up and tell them they're too young.
Julian Roman wrote:The romance between Suzy and Sam may be the best relationship we see on film this year. The pair are true misfits. Sam's an orphan struggling to find a place in the world. Suzy, prone to fits of violence, knows she's a burden and trouble to those who love her. Together they embark on a journey that proves how well they actually fit together. Beyond their burgeoning sexuality and adolescent exploration, they talk to each other and find solace...

...The honest repoire strengthens their bond and reinforces their 'us against the world' feelings. Teenagers are usually filmed as troubled, but rarely shown as being sophisticated and complex. Anderson's Suzy and Sam are unique in that regard
This film is directed by Wes Anderson [Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic..] so expect it to be very 'quirky' and low key.

Pix:
[Image][Image]

[Image][Image]

[Image][Image]

[Image]

At 13 years old, the lead actress Kara Hayward isn't really a stunning beauty, but she holds an odd attraction as she wavers on the cusp of adulthood. An interview: http://www.luckymag.com/blogs/luckyrigh ... ra-Hayward

[Image][Image]

[Image][Image]

[Image][Image]
:heart :heart LOVE those Buster Brown Saddle Shoes!! (Not to mention the knee-high socks..) :heart :heart

It was supposed to be released in May, but I never saw it play in the corner of the US I hide out in... :think

Official site:
http://www.moonrisekingdom.com/#home
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/MoonriseKingdom?_fb_noscript=1

Trailer:
http://youtu.be/_eOI3AamSm8

Lotsa links [mostly foreign] in the ed2k stream, but this looks like it's worth waiting for a legit release.

kev.
emuler

Re: Moonrise Kingdom (2012) USA

Post by emuler »   0 likes

At 13 years old, the lead actress Kara Hayward isn't really a stunning beauty, but she holds an odd attraction as she wavers on the cusp of adulthood.
Looks pretty stunning to me. :) Thanks, kev. This is definitely one to watch out for.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Thanks, emuler for taking the time to notice this off-the-radar film in spite of all the high profile movies that seem to be getting all the attention.. :)

kev.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

You're the one that brought it to our attention, so thanks go to you. :D Some pretty big names in it though. I hope the director has done a good job - there are so many ways to ruin a film.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

It is finally getting nationwide release so you may want to check your local theaters again kev. ;)

In my area it is at three different theaters. Reviews on this are good and I plan to see it on my next day off. :cool
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:It is finally getting nationwide release so you may want to check your local theaters again kev. ;)

In my area it is at three different theaters. Reviews on this are good and I plan to see it on my next day off. :cool
Very cool!!

I'm on vacation now and it doesn't seem to be playing here, but hopefully when I return home at the end of next week... :pray

Thanks ptg for letting me know!

kev.
ptguardian

I just saw this at the theater and WOW!!!!! This was very nice. For a USA film they definitely were walking a thin line on the limits of what can be shown and or done with kids. Hopefully this will be an on going trend. :D

The beach scene above was only a small teaser of what the two do together. :shock: 8-) Also the girl stabs a kid with some lefty scissors. I won't tell you why and or how you have to see it for yourself.

This was a fun film with plenty to see and has a lot of big name stars. Awesome movie that will be here as soon as it can be. If anyone can get a chance to see it at the theater I recommend doing it.

:icon_cool2

[Image]

[Image]
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   11 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2219564/

Short film by Wes Anderson:
Cousin Ben Troop Screening with Jason Schwartzman

Like this post to see ed2k links  [26.31 Mb]
ptguardian

An R5 dvdrip was posted over at blizzard today. Unfortunately it has the usual fucked up Russian dubbing. However it may be an indication that we may see an R1 or R2 sooner than expected. :D So keep a look out for a proper English Audio.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

ptguardian wrote:Also the girl stabs a kid with some lefty scissors.
Do 'lefty' scissors make a different kind of hole in you than 'righty' scissors? :think