[REL] Secret Life (2007)

billanben

[REL] Secret Life (2007)

Post by billanben »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0899028/

Looks hugely interesting ?

Casting Matthew MacFadyen in the lead role seems a gamble both by the film-makers and also for the actor. However, this drama (in my opinion), seems well-researched enough, for the reputations of both to remain intact.

Thought-provoking, sensitive and filmed from a shifting perspective, the drama deals with an incredibly delicate subject well. Upon watching it, it's possible you may find yourself questioning your own empathy to various characters.

I'm determined to stay the right side of "contains spoilers", so it ties my hands somewhat. But please, 'give this a go', it has been written well, and is incredibly well acted. Kudos to MacFadyen for taking on an astonishingly difficult part.

Pace, direction and length are spot-on. You cannot predict the ending, it is very much (too) new territory to even get near the inner-workings of the lead's mind. The children in the roles act well too, and having 2 girls around the ages suggested, I can vouch for the authenticity of their naiveté, speech, false confidence and over-estimation of being 'streetwise'. A little scary in parts, but overall, a very interesting look at an extremely controversial, even taboo subject, through (a lot of the time), the eyes of the person you would least want to.

Bravo to Channel 4 for having the balls to get this made and shown.
ptguardian

Re: [REQ] Secret Life 2007

Post by ptguardian »   32 likes

Another rare one we can move to [REL] 8-)

FLM interest is Yasmin Paige

Not my type of movie but I am sure it will appeal to some here. ;)

Main interest for me and why I was looking for it was Yasmin. She was also in Tooth. Best part of the movie for me besides her scenes is the very end when he...well, I don't want to spoil it.

[Image][Image][Image][Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [606.22 Mb]

Enjoy
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Secret Life (2007)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Thanks ptg. Reading the reviews at IMDb makes this film sound intriguing, and maybe difficult to watch
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Made for tv movie so not too hard to watch IMHO. :|

Currently my bandwidth is being taken by torrent so it is at a trickle with my mule,even slower than emuler (jesting) :lol:

The speed will pick up considerably when my other stuff is finished.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i can't see any actual information about the movie,only opinions and ratings,what's it about?
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:i can't see any actual information about the movie,only opinions and ratings,what's it about?
Perhaps the full title will give you a clue. The original title was Secret Life: The Story of a Child Sex Offender

It is a movie following this guy's life adventures. Like I said I don't want to spoil it by telling anyone too much of the story and I assume that is why you didn't read anything at IMDb either.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Thanks PT. I do wonder how some films pass me by!
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

no sweat,i just hate having to research an actual release.