[REL] Sinister (2012) [USA]

Quickone

[REL] Sinister (2012) [USA]

Post by Quickone »   0 likes

Imdb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1922777/

Plot: Found footage helps a true-crime novelist realize how and why a family was murdered in his new home, though his discoveries put his entire family in the path of a supernatural entity.

Trailer :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGjQ7Pwz0dw
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Sinister (2012)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

I love good scary movies. :thumbsup
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Justs a heads up R5s hit scene today. It should be soon for a proper to appear ;)
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i noticed it appearing in the newsgroups too,i didn't realise it was potentially an FLM movie.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

The trailers piqued my interest when this film was released, and I wanted to see it. Unfortunately I was out of town on business when it hit the theaters and it ended up only lasting a week or so where I lived.

The fact that it's appearing on the scene BEFORE 'The Possession 2012', [another 'children-in-horror' film] which came and went a couple of months before 'Sinister' is a little surprising...

I'm seeing quite a few ed2k links out there, but I'm always wary about the ones that come out first. :think

Regardless, I'm looking forward to finally being able to see this film. :thumbsup

kev.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

The young girl has very little screentime,she doesn't appear at all for about an hour in the middle,i scanned it looking for screencaps,and got 2 from the first 90m,i would definitely class this as offtopic,and i'm just going to delete the r5 i got.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:The young girl has very little screentime,she doesn't appear at all for about an hour in the middle...
Damn!! I kind of feared as much... :(

Thanks for the info, starfish...

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

I'll put this in Verified Off-Topic unless someone objects.
ptguardian

Re: Sinister (2012) [USA]

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Saves me some bandwidth. Thanks for checking/verifying. :D
kev
Site Admin

Re: Sinister (2012) [USA]

Post by kev »   0 likes

I'm going to put this back in 'Forthcoming Releases' though actually it probably ought to go to the [REQ] USA forum... ('Coz I'm requesting it!!)

I d/loaded [very quickly, actually] and watched a VERY crappy CAM version of this movie. It compares to movies like 'Dream House' and 'Barricade' as far as participation of the children's characters are concerned. (Maybe not as much onscreen time as the kids in 'Barricade', but definitely about the same amount of time as the girls in 'Dream House'.)

PLUS the children hold more pivotal roles in this film. (Especially more than 'DH'.) You get to know Ashley and Trevor well enough to start to care about their well being.
Spoiler:

Clare Foley as Ashley has some good lines; my favorite being:
[color=#FF4040]Ashley[/color] wrote:Don't worry daddy, I'll make you famous again.
An occult deity that the father investigates is named 'Baghuul', meaning 'eater of children'.

I feel this film is most definitely ON topic. :)

kev.