[REL] Les Misérables (2012) [UK]

kev
Site Admin

[REL] Les Misérables (2012) [UK]

Post by kev »   0 likes

Musical to hit the theaters Dec. 25, 2012.

[Image]
Isabelle Allen as Young Cosette.

[Image]

[Image]

This movie could be deemed 'OT' as part of the storyline chronicles the coming-of-age of a young street waif. :heart :heart :heart

kev.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: Les Misérables (2012) [UK]

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

she looks quite like a young Dakota.
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   0 likes

The film tells the story of Jean Valjean (Hugh Jackman), a former prisoner who becomes mayor of a town in France. Valjean agrees to take care of Cosette, the illegitimate daughter of Fantine (Anne Hathaway), and must avoid being captured again by Javert (Russell Crowe), a police inspector.

This film is not only going to be an *epic* musical (over 2.5 hours) but all of the actors are going to be singing every take live as if they were performing on stage. And although young Cosette is not likely to be in most of the movie, her scenes will I'm sure be quite memorable. "Castle on a Cloud" is one of the earliest songs I can remember falling in love with, long before I even knew what Les Miserables was. Here is a version of it performed by Hannah Chick during Les Miserables' 10th Anniversary Concert in 1995.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glnoF9LKfKw
For An Angel

A short interview with Isabelle Allen and a clip of her at the premiere. :D

http://vimeo.com/54977540

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
For An Angel

A little feature about a new song in the movie.
“Suddenly” is performed by Hugh Jackman mid-way through the movie, after Jean Valjean rescues little Cosette from the abusive inn of the Thenardiers. “Meeting Cosette is the first time he’s ever experienced love. It’s the most beautiful passage, because he says he never knew the love of a mother, a father, of brothers or sisters and vice versa, never loved anyone. So he meets this little girl who’s in his care, he experiences this flood of emotion that for a 50-year-old man has never occurred. That’s why that song was written — which I thought was a great reason to write a song.”
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

A nice screener is out on torrent. Scene says basically a dvdrip with an occasional "for your consideration" appearing for a few seconds at a few random times. I am not a musical Hugh Jackman fan so I will wait until a nice YIFY comes out but for anyone else dieing to see it this will be best out for a long while. ;)
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i think i'd rather have my eyes burned out with a soldering iron,than watch something like this,i hate movies where they just burst into song.
except 'Grease'
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

starfish21 wrote:i think i'd rather have my eyes burned out with a soldering iron,than watch something like this,i hate movies where they just burst into song.
except 'Grease'
Epic LOL! Or go through a root canal with no anaesthetic.

A local discount store had a bin of DVDs on sale 4-for-$10 and one of them I got was "Earth Girls Are Crazy". The first time they burst into song for no reason I ripped the disc out of the drive and threw it across the room. Then I picked it up and scratched the surface multiple times with a knife to ensure it would never play again. Then I used a cigarette lighter to melt the surface in several places. Then I snapped the disc in four pieces. If I'd had a shredder that would handle discs it would have gone through that too.

THAT'S how I feel about musicals, at least if I don't know ahead of time what I'm getting myself into. To compare, I didn't do that to the film "The Stuff" because even THAT stinker isn't as bad as someone suddenly caterwauling at the top of their lungs. If you saw anyone do that in real life you'd call for the men with straightjackets to take them away... QUICKLY, for their own protection. :lol:
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Noooo - we love musicals. When they are well done, of course.
The Sound of Music
Fiddler On The Roof
Oliver!
The Wizard of Oz
Annie
My Fair Lady
etc.

The trouble is, a lot of actors think that if they can hold a tune, they can sing. That's like saying, if you can read, you can act. So many good musicals have been ruined by this. There's Something About Mary had a ghastly theme song running throughout the film - the song itself wasn't bad, but the singer should have been strangled at birth.