[REL] Snowfire (1958)

starfish21

[REL] Snowfire (1958)

Post by starfish21 »   22 likes

[REL]Snowfire (1958)

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

A little girl living on an isolated ranch claims to have formed a bond of friendship with a pure white, "wild" stallion. The horse is well known in the area, almost legendary, and supposedly vicious. Is she just making it up, or is she telling the truth? If it's real, isn't it dangerous for her with a "killer" horse? Or is the horse as vicious as he's been portrayed?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0147519/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Language: English
Release Date: 18 May 1958 (USA)
AKA - Um Conto de Fadas
Filming Locations: Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Utah, USA

General
Complete name : Snowfire (1958) .mkv
Format : Matroska
File size : 1.02 GiB
Duration : 1h 12mn
Overall bit rate : 1 997 Kbps

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Width : 708 pixels
Height : 458 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 1.373
Original display aspect ratio : 1.374
Bit depth : 8 bits
Language : English

Audio
Format : AAC
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.02 Gb]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Snowfire (1958)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

Wow, I remember seeing this many many moons ago. I wonder how many movies I watched as a kid that have passed into the dim recesses of history, never to be seen again... until starfish or ptguardian or someone else here at FLM digs it up and surprises us all with them.

Thanks, starfish.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I remember this movie. it plays on TCM on occasion and have been looking to get the dvd for a while or at least was. I gave up a while back when the price was too high. But I might look into again now that my memory has been refreshed. :D

A bit of trivia about this film. It is a family affair that directed, wrote and starred in this classic. The young girl is Molly McGowan both in the film and in real life. Sadly she died at age 19 of cancer, a newlywed and was pregnant but even sadder the baby was too early in the pregnancy to survive. This movie was also intended to be a TV series and there is a edited version floating about that was the pilot but the series was not picked up otherwise we would have more of sweet Molly to enjoy. :(

Thanks Starfish for bringing this here. :cool
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

The 'TCM' watermark appears occaisonally throughout the movie,so it must be a tvrip.
There's a scene where she takes her top off and attempts to brand herself,and the iron looks actually hot,i wonder how they would shoot the scene nowadays, :o
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Yeah, good thing he does not want to lie/fib to his daughter. :D

TCM has made a digital of this because I have caught it on their channel but have never seen any rips turn up. The dvds floating about are of a vhs recording of an older analog broadcast. It has never been officially released on video so any copy is rare. Good job finding this. :)