[REL] Here Come The Double Deckers! (1970)

loverboy

[REL] Here Come The Double Deckers! (1970)

Post by loverboy »   18 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066669/combined

http://www.thedoubledeckers.com/
Here Come the Double Deckers was a 17-part British children's TV series from 1970-71 revolving around the adventures of seven children whose den was an old red double-decker London bus in an unused works (junk) yard.

A co-production between British independent film company Century Films and American TV company 20th Century Fox, it was a children's comedy adventure sitcom. The shows (without adverts) were about 21 minutes long.

The programme made its debut on 12 September 1970 at 10:30 am ET in the US on ABC, and at 4:55 pm on 1 January 1971 in Britain on BBC One. In the US, the series was rerun on Sunday mornings during the 1971-72 TV season on ABC from 12 September 1971 to 3 September 1972, in the same time slot.[1]

Each week saw the gang in a separate adventure including episodes based around a runaway homemade hovercraft, a chocolate factory and invading 'Martians' with guns that shot out chocolate candy, a disastrous camping holiday, collecting tin foil for a guide dog, becoming pop moguls with their protégé 'The Cool Cavalier' and a haunted stately home.

Some of the cast were unknown, though Melvyn Hayes was an established adult actor, Gillian Bailey was fairly experienced for a child actor and both Brinsley Forde and Michael Audreson had appeared in "The Magnificent Six and Half", a series of Children's Film Foundation films on which the Double Deckers were based. Melvyn Hayes also wrote the episode "Man's Best Friend", co-wrote the episode "Get a Movie On!", co-wrote the series' theme song, and acted as a dialogue coach for the series. Bailey is now head of the drama department at Royal Holloway University. Peter Firth has gone on to a prominent acting career, appearing in Equus, The Hunt for Red October, Tess, Pearl Harbor, and Spooks (MI-5). Co-star Brinsley Forde later became the lead singer in Aswad.

The series was originally scheduled for 26 episodes (as well as a second series of 26 additional episodes), but production ceased after the 17th.

The entire series was released on 1 November 2010 on DVD in the UK.
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

17 episodes on 2 DVD's. I'll release the first 9 episodes from Disc 1 with the further 8 from Disc 2 following in a few days. Normal quality mp4 encode other than a reduced bitrate, reflecting the average quality source.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [246.24 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [247.23 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [244.66 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [245.44 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [247.55 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [244.07 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [245.67 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [247.25 Mb]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [246.91 Mb]

lb
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Here Come The Double Deckers! (1970)

Post by kev »   0 likes

Wow!! I'm always amazed when we come across yet another bit of FLM material that has somehow stayed off the radar through the years.. :shock:

Many thanks, lb!! Looks like a fun series despite not reaching it's projected potential!!
[Image]
[Image]

The girls look cute, but I wish the ratio had been reversed, 4 girls and 2 boys..
[Image]
:icon_biggrin2

The write-up says that most of the kids involved were unknown, and lists some that knew a bit of prominence. This girl looks like a young Jane Seymour... Makes you wonder: :think
[Image]

Thanks again, lb.. Looking forward to this series!

kev.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

She was in it,Kev,she was 19, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0599902/
I remember this series quite well,i could've sworn this was at least discussed here before,but the search says not.
cheers,LB
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:She was in it,Kev,she was 19, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0599902/
I remember this series quite well,i could've sworn this was at least discussed here before,but the search says not.
cheers,LB
I mentioned it here https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... =24&t=7519. Perhaps that was what you remember mentioned? It was never released though until now that is. :D
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

yes,that's exactly how i remember it.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

eMule disconnected last night after power trips during thunderstorms. Sharing again but more bad weather forecast. Some idea of how complete/able to share anyone is would be appreciated to allow me to post the 2nd set of episodes.

lb
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:eMule disconnected last night after power trips during thunderstorms. Sharing again but more bad weather forecast. Some idea of how complete/able to share anyone is would be appreciated to allow me to post the 2nd set of episodes.

lb
Well I'm sharing out 8 out of 9 of the episodes. Episode 4 disappeared somehow; my eMule machine says I've d/loaded it, but I can't find it anywhere, so I'm re-d/loading it [and it's loading pretty quick]..

I was going to pull them as I haven't seen anyone accessing them in the last couple of days, but I'll go ahead and leave them there.

kev.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Well.....the forum fuckwits strike again.

One user downloading Episode 10 & zero likes. What kind of retarded douchebag likes & then unlikes a post simply to get the link?

Never mind, name & shame time. The eMule user is ***** & they're running *****.

I have a pretty shrewd idea who it is & I could just simply IP ban them but I really can't be bothered.

lb
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:...Never mind, name & shame time. The eMule user is ***** & they're running *****...

lb

DAMN!!! :shock:

I 'friended' that sunovabitch sometime back and then I give them a slot every time I see them leeching from me..

I'll be kicking the '*****' out of my 'circle'o'pals' at this point. Many thanks for the info.

Thanks also for the new episodes! :thumbsup This is a real cute show.. :heart

kev.