[REL] Summerhood (2008)

jwsmith88

[REL] Summerhood (2008)

Post by jwsmith88 »   0 likes

Summerhood (2008)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0819735/

What a wonderful film, so much fun and entertaining. It's the basic story of children at a summer camp and how they spend their time there. But the cast is just so great, it's obvious everyone was having a blast making it.

The film stars Lucian Masel as Fetus, a little kid at camp who has a crush on Sundae (Reva Timbers) one of the girls there. It focuses on Fetus and the rest of the kids from his cabin as they go through crazy antics and adventures and trying to avoid getting caught by the camp Assistant Director (Christopher McDonald in a great performance).

There were just so many fun moments throughout this film, all of the characters were great, with their hysterical names and personalities (Fetus, Reckless, Careless, Grandpa, The Raincoat Kid). And the dialogue sounds like what the kids would actually say and not like it was just written for them. Oh, and the soundtrack was just perfect, great uses of songs and perfectly placed during each of the scenes.

This film was one of the best at the festival. Actor Scott Beaudin who played Reckless was at the screening for a Q&A and he told some nice stories about the making of the film and how all of the cast had a great time working on it. I hope to see many of these young actors in future projects.

[Image]

[Image]
ptguardian

Re: [REQ] Summerhood (2008)

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

This one looks interesting. Several interviews on youtube with director Jacob Medjuck. He mentions it is a film abouts kids but with language and humor for adults.

Couldn't find a dvd or stream yet. :(

[Image]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   1 likes

More information...

[Image]

http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=4749
http://www.summerhood.com

"When your number of friends equaled your number of pubes."
IMDb wrote:Camp. It's a time of magic-a soulful summer of acoustic rock. No parents. No school...No parole. Frustrated FETUS and his pre-teen posse of delinquents, RECKLESS, TOAST and GRANDPA, swear upon a journey to become camp legends. A mild assault on the CAMP BRIDGE, their link to glory (by way of uncharted seniors' soil), fails miserably. Ambitions are quickly complicated by the stirring arrival of SUNDAE, Fetus' first summer love. When the boys inherit CARELESS, a beloved staffer fallen from grace, they anticipate tours of the universe and mysteries explained. However, disenchanted by his demotion, a petty Careless denies them salvation, leaving Fetus to anguish in pre-adolescent confusion. Meanwhile, The ASS Director (assistant camp director) leads an abusive crusade to purge the camp of liabilities: namely, Careless and his new campers. The boys, despite having suffered a slew of traumatic punishments at the hands of Careless, are allied with him against a mutual enemy; siding with a man who might break their arms over The Ass, who might break their spirits. Careless, reluctantly inspired, channels his new cabin's flair for deviance, wielding the children as an agent of revenge. As the plot comically weaves through unusual photos, pranks and punishments, Fetus finally unlocks sage advice from his transient father figure. He then embarks alone on a quest for love-a failing effort with crippling consequences. With isolation in common, a humiliated Fetus finds solace with the camp bully, LETHAL, a tragic misfit who leads Fetus into deeper peril. Abandoned, rejected and trapped, Fetus risks a life without camp for one last shot at love and glory, unveiling a strategy... ...that only legends are made of.
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

Summerhood Film School: Episode 1 (Slaves)

Summerhood Film School: Episode 2 (The Director)

Summerhood Film School: Episode 3 (Child Safety)

Summerhood Film School: Episode 4 (Guys & Dolls)

Summerhood on "eTalk Daily"
plonkah

Post by plonkah »   0 likes

Looks like available by DDL here but when I try to sign up, the question translated from Hungarian is something like this ...

three of the five then what ?

too cryptic for me - tried two but not correct. Any ideas ?

http://warezlinks.eu/bb/topic/222127-ny ... rhood2008/
reastavachi

Post by reastavachi »   0 likes

plonkah wrote:Looks like available by DDL here but when I try to sign up, the question translated from Hungarian is something like this ...

three of the five then what ?

too cryptic for me - tried two but not correct. Any ideas ?
According to my knowledge in Hungarian and in Google random translation, I'd just try 8. Or 42. 42 is the answer to anything... :D
Definitely, I'd translate "Three and Five make what" as a literal translation... But I coudn't swear :p

Reasta
reastavachi

Post by reastavachi »   0 likes

OK, 8 is not the answer (tried a textual version of the hungarian word...) Mystery's all alive !
plonkah

Post by plonkah »   2 likes

Load of old goulash if you ask me :-)
yoko

Post by yoko »   25 likes

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Summerhood (2008)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Hungarian? :lol: