Boy movies

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Boy movies

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

How interested are people in boy movies? I've downloaded a bunch of stuff in the last month hoping to find on-topic movies but almost all of it turns out to be BM even when the description looks promising. It's frustrating spending all that time without hitting paydirt.

For example, the description for the movie "Half-Life (2008)" http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=29116 and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0428620/ is "As troubling signs of global cataclysms accelerate, a brother and sister react to their father's desertion and the powerful presence of their mother's new boyfriend." The description certainly makes it look like it's on-topic but it turns out the sister is an adult and there were no other kids but the boy in it. It was an OK movie, but not girl-oriented at all.

Do people want these kind of movies? I don't want to clutter up the forums unnecessarily.
donkeykog

Re: Boy movies

Post by donkeykog »   0 likes

I think it could bring a lot more activity here as many gm are here already. And may bring other contributers that have some of the gm we are looking for.

I like that the board is girl oriented though.
Last edited by donkeykog on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

We've never had an outright prohibition on boy movies, at least since the hiatus, but nobody's ever clamored for them.

I don't want to go against the members' wishes. Anyone else have an opinion for/against?
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

Personally, I'm not a big fan of movies that strictly focus on boys.

If part of the plot concerns a boy's romantic relationship with a girl; I might find that appealing enough to give the film a try. But on the whole, there's just soooo many films out there that fit the criteria I've set that I don't feel the need to spend time d/loading or watching 'boy' movies.

However, this website has never outright declared that boy films are not welcome [despite the exclusivity of sites that DO cater to those type of movies], and as long as it's stated up front [as it usually has been in the past] that a particular release IS a 'boy' film, I see no problem in releasing them here. For sure they shouldn't be considered 'clutter', as boy's have just as much right to come of age as girls do... :lol:

Though not my cup of tea, there IS a contingent of members that will enjoy boy specific releases. I'd say go for it. :thumbsup

kev.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

I am not against it but never really posted much because there are a couple of sites that already do this. I have hundreds of these movies...

Most can be found easily at http://blizzardkid.net/ and http://thewildboys.flickzone1.info/index.php if you want them. ;)
vidman49

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

I prefer girl movies but I like boy movies as well. I also prefer movies that have the kids as a major source of the story rather than just a sidelight. There seem to be a quite a number of movies like that on FLM where the kids are only a minor part of the movie. I would be okay with adding SOME boy movies to the site as long as they focused on the boy(s) as a main character.

My favorite television show of all time is Malcolm in the Middle. I just bought the entire series on DVD from the Amazon UK site (22 discs) and for some reason since I am from the US they knocked about $30 off the price when I checked out. Only the first season has been released in the US and I have been waiting years for it - finally gave up. I have a couple of DVD players that play PAL and are region-free that I bought in Hong Kong since I have lots of foreign DVDs.
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

I agree with Vidman and others. Good boy movies that are strongly focused on a boy as the main character could be well released here. I think we don't want movies with only minor boy scenes, because adding those would easily double the number of FLM releases. I'm personally interested in movies with minor interesting girl scenes, though :mrgreen:

Some boys can be cute after all. I like Van Chaos of Klimbatika, for example :heart
van_chaos.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
donkeykog

Post by donkeykog »   1 likes

I concur with all the above. :D
I'm personally interested in movies with minor interesting girl scenes, though
I totally agree. I wanted to mention this before, these are not on topic but not off topic either and should not be in Off-topic. I know that this is been brought up before. There is no reason that Delta Force (https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... elta+force) is Verified Off topic when Desperate Living (https://www.first-loves.net/forums/v ... ate+living) is Verified On-topic both have small parts that are greatly interesting. Maybe if not moved to a seperate place, then allowed to go to On-topic with admin approval or rarefilmfinder info. :D
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

I can't speak for Desperate Living because I don't remember watching it, but Delta Force had maybe 5 minutes total of the little girl in the airplane, dressed or not, and that was it. In the earlier FLM, a film was only on-topic if it had nudity in it. Later, being on-topic required kids to have at least 10% screen time and be more than just scenery, something Delta Force didn't meet. I think the tighter definition is a positive - I really don't want to go back to the days when this place was a perv magnet.

The Verified Off-Topic forum was only created a little over a year ago. Obviously, there are films that are just not on-topic, especially after we tightened the definition. We didn't want to just toss those films in the trash bin - after all, the releasers went to the trouble of finding and posting them, and they might be interesting to some people. I We almost never move a film to VOT without asking the users' opinions. Nothing's set in stone, so let's put it to the test...

Move [REL] Delta Force (1986) [USA] from Verified Off-Topic to [REL]? Yes or No

Move [REL] Desperate Living (1977) from [REL] to Verified Off-Topic? Yes or No
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

I prefer girl movies, but a good boy movie is OK too. After all, I do watch movies with no kids at all, so why not a boy movie?

At the very least we need to have them listed and identified as being boy movies, so I don't go wasting bandwidth downloading something I might not care for. Many such movies have a fair amount of female peer content, so information that can help me decide whether to download or not is always welcome.