[REL] Lost In Space (1998)

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

[REL] Lost In Space (1998)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   9 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120738/
http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=2342

[Image]
IMDb wrote:In the near future, earth's fossil resources are about to be used up. In an attempt to save the human race, scientists have begun building a gate, through which faster than light travel will be possible - but only if there is a gate at the destination to receive the travelers. The Robinson Family has been chosen to travel to Alpha Prime - the only other inhabitable planet known - at normal speed, ten years, cryogenically frozen. But Dr. Smith, a sinister man, sabotages their spaceship, Jupiter 2, but is also betrayed by his people. So, he has to work together with the Robinsons in order to survive himself. When Jupiter 2 is falling into the sun, the only chance to survive is to activate the hyperdrive - without a gate at the other end. Soon, the Robinsons are someplace really unknown, where they meet unfriendly silicon-based space spiders, take in a little ape-like creature and name new star systems after Bugs Bunny and Porky Pig. They have to reach Alpha Prime in order to build the second gate, or earth's only hope is gone.
[Image] [Image] [Image]
[Image] [Image] [Image]
[Image] [Image] [Image]
[Image] [Image] [Image]

Lacey Chabert is right at the upper edge of FLM here at 16 years old but she looks and act much younger, and Jack Johnson is the typical egghead boy in this type of movie. I have to say her voice is kinda bizzare. :) Leaving aside the obvious horrific plot holes this wasn't as bad as I expected. Though the kids aren't the primary stars, they still have significant roles and screen time.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.97 Mb]
For An Angel

Re: [REL] Lost In Space (1998)

Post by For An Angel »   1 likes

Actually since this was filmed in early 97 and she was born in September 82, Lacey would have been around 14 and a half or so when she made this, but being very petite and with a peculiarly high pitched voice she sometimes seems younger. She definitely makes this film worth watching even though according to one video on Youtube she only has about 15 minutes of screen time. I was a huge fan of her back when she was on Party of Five and it was a shame she didn't do more acting besides that show before she grew up. Almost everything she's done since then has been voice work. But with a voice as unique as hers can you really blame her?
donkeykog

Post by donkeykog »   1 likes

Yes! Definitely one of my favorites. I went to this in the theater just to see Lacey...her voice drew me in like a Greek siren. :P I liked the movie too and her spacesuit.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

She is fun. I bought the Blu-ray the day it was released and have had the dvd for years. :thumbsup
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

^ I was just about to say that there are BDrips around for those NOT bandwidth and disk space challenged.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

The complete series - 3 seasons - is also available.... at a whopping 32.43GB :o
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I knew there were other higher-quality versions available but the one I posted completed for me and is the one I'm sharing. If someone wants to post a better version, go for it - I didn't want to burn the bandwidth and hard drive space for a film that's mostly fluff for me.
For An Angel wrote:according to one video on Youtube she only has about 15 minutes of screen time.
I haven't added it up, and even if it's only 15 minutes total, it's interspersed throughout the entire film. I doubt there's any part of the movie without her in a scene at least every 5 minutes. I usually do screenshots after watching a film (not during) and just jump through with VLC's Ctrl-RightArrow or clicking the timeline with the mouse. Almost every shot above was found on the first click - no extra searching needed.

I should have said Lacey's voice is 'distinctive' instead of bizarre, not the voice you'd normally hear in a feature movie, let alone a child actress. I didn't pay much attention to it after awhile. Her character grated on me at first but that was mostly the role, not the actress - something about the emo/goth attitude makes me laugh at the pretension. :roll: She dropped a lot of that after the crash and became more of the boy-crazy teenager which fit her better.

This was one of those "I wonder why someone hasn't already released this" films. Found by accident while looking for something else. NMR.