An Unkindness of Ravens (2013) [USA]

Woot Woot - Successfully funded!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/170 ... -of-ravens

[Image]

An Unkindness of Ravens

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2328696

Starring Johnny Sequoyah -

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4292747

A unique child reflects on her family's holiday weekend and her magical friendship with an unexpected guest.

[Image]
[Image]

Last edited by donkeykog on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
donkeykog

Re: An Unkindness of Ravens (2013) [USA]

Post by donkeykog »   1 likes

Figured i'd check on how Johnny's doing and turns out this has been released a few days ago as Among Ravens (2014)
103 min - Comedy | Drama - 18 July 2014 (USA) www.imdb.com/title/tt2328696/
kev
Site Admin

Re: An Unkindness of Ravens (2013) [USA]

Post by kev »   2 likes

Yes it has. I actually saw this the other night, and have an interesting little video clip of a producer talking about the movie. She talks about Johnny in the clip, and reveals a startling fact about the film...

My PC crapped out on me almost 2 weeks ago and my DreaMule machine hasn't been able to connect to the internet yet [with my new PC], but I'm working on it... I'll release it as soon as I get things going..

kev.
donkeykog

Re: Among Ravens (2014) [USA]

Post by donkeykog »   1 likes

Thx Kev! :D Was wondering what happened to you, hope ou didn't lose everything :o
donkeykog

Post by donkeykog »   2 likes

The vid I posted was from the original kickstarter campaighn.

Here is the new complete official trailer: I am hyped to see the Johnny's bikini made it to the final cut :D

Among Ravens Official Trailer 1 (2014)

kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   14 likes

donkeykog wrote:Thx Kev! :D Was wondering what happened to you, hope ou didn't lose everything :o
I probably did, but I'm going to try and see if I can retrieve anything from the old HD... Anyway, NOW:

YAY!! I've gotten my DreaMule to connect, finally!!

I saw the movie the other night and then came home and checked with a film blogger buddy of mine [who had told me it was going to be previewed in select theaters and to check my area to see if it was being shown] to see if he had gotten to see the movie too. He had and also had actually filmed a question and answer session with two of the producers of the film and the actress Castille Landon, who plays a character named 'Saturn', after the end of the showing. He was posting it to his site and I was able to d/load it.

He gave me permission to share out the vid here, but asked that I didn't give out his blog site addy.

Most of the audio is discussion about certain elements of the film, but about 6 mins 28 seconds into the clip the female producer starts to talk about Johnny.. I've transcribed a bit of it here:
Producer, responding to a question about whether or not Johnny Sequoyah landed this role before the TV series 'Believe': Yeah, actually this film is Johnny's breakout role. Um, we screened this film as a work in progress at UTA, um, last year and, um, in the middle of the screening there was a um, there was a manager from 'Untitled' and she grabbed Johnny's mom and yanked her out the door and signed her on the spot and a couple weeks later she was, um, auditioning for JJ Abrams and Alfonso Cuarón, um, [the latter of which 'Gravity'], um, and she, um, landed the role in 'Believe'. And she wasn't actually supposed to be in the movie, she just didn't want to go to summer camp, [unintelligable - ?when we all went up to shoot?] and so the little uh, um, lemonade stand thing was put in just for her just so that she could do something while she was up there and when I saw the first cut of the film, I'm like "Holy crap, that kid can act." And let's recut the film and we added the whole voice over and we changed the perspective. The original film was cut as, um, Josh Leonard's character which is Ellis. [Ellis Conifer, Joey's {Johnny S.} 'Provider' father] He was, it was his story, um... initially. And we recut the whole film around Johnny because we were so impressed with her performance.

Audience: You're saying you're the reason Johnny Sequoyah..

Producer: I am th.., I AM the reason Johnny Sequoyah is now making considerably more than anyone in this room.
Sorry this is all so muddled and confusing, but I wanted to highlight the part that I thought was a pretty bold statement by the producer about Johnny's influence on the actual movie...

There's a few more little comments she shares about Johnny, but as they are slight spoilers, I'll leave it up to member's discretion whether or not they want to d/load and listen... ;)

It's kind of a big file, 200 and something MB's, and there really isn't much to see, as it's in a darkened theater. It's the audio I thought was cool, particularly when she's discussing Johnny Sequoyah.. :heart

Here's the link:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [215.03 Mb]

Anyway, it's here if anyone is interested... :)

kev.
reastavachi

Post by reastavachi »   2 likes

The movie is available on the iTune Store now...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/among ... mpt=uo%3D4

Is anyone planning on buying and sharing it ? The reviews are rather bad, but I'm such a fan of Johnny's that it's a must have for me... But I can't spend money on anything right now :(
ptguardian

Re: [REQ] Among Ravens (2014)

Post by ptguardian »   2 likes

Quickone

Post by Quickone »   9 likes

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.10 Gb]

720p for those that want it. 3GB though. Haven't verified it though yet.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Quickone wrote:720p for those that want it. 3GB though. Haven't verified it though yet.
Let us know when you do so I can move it to [REL]ease.