[REL] Kreuzweg (2014)

ARTHORIUS

[REL] Kreuzweg (2014)

Post by ARTHORIUS »   2 likes

My xmas gift guys ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3465916/

[Image]

Winner at 64 berlin festival hope you like my new post...

Summary

Maria is 14 years old. Her family is part of a fundamentalist Catholic community. Maria lives her everyday life in the modern world, yet her heart belongs to Jesus. She wants to follow him, to become a saint and go to heaven - just like all those holy children she's always been told about. So Maria goes through 14 stations, just like Jesus did on his path to Golgatha, and reaches her goal in the end. Not even Christian, a boy she meets at school, can stop her, even if in another world, they might have become friends, or even more. Left behind is a broken family that finds comfort in faith, and the question if all these events were really so inevitable. STATIONS OF THE CROSS is an indictment and, at the same time, the legend of a saint. It's a story of religion, devotion and radical faith, and the film itself comes along just as radical as the subject matter, telling the story in only 14 fixed-angle long shots, allowing the viewer to contemplate the interactions on screen in an ...

Some screens

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Specs

AVI
DVDRip
XviD, 1512 720x304
AC3, 6 ch,
1.41 GB

And the links with the movie

https://1fichier.com/?mx9fw7lrmb

http://ex-load.com/k2g7743nvw3m

Ok guys d/l and upload it for move this to REL

Enjoy And Merry Xmas from Art to you all

[Image]
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL
mimzy

Re: [REQ] Kreuzweg (2014)

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Wow, thanks Art :eyecrazy Merry Xmas from me too :bigups
monkeylog

[REQ] Stations of the Cross (2014)

Post by monkeylog »   2 likes

Interesting. The shots are set up beautifully. The camera only moves 3 times the whole movie, one so slight you might miss it. I think I probably missed little interesting stuff, a second viewing may be needed. For instance in the last scene, I did pick up on the clock on the wall in the background being at exactly 3 o'clock (3 being a running theme in the bible)

Its somewhat unfortunate that if you were not raised Catholic, you might think this is what Catholics are like. It is also unfortunate that the name given to their church in the movie is the Society of St Paul, which is a real society and not at all like what you see in the movie.

The church in the movie IS based off a real extremist Catholic sect called the the Society of Saint Pius X (SSPX). The founders of which were all ex-communicated by Pope John Paul II.

Again, interesting movie.

Stations of the Cross (2014)
"Kreuzweg" (original title)
110 min | Drama | 10 July 2015 (USA)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3465916
Maria is 14 years old. Her family is part of a fundamentalist Catholic community. Maria lives her everyday life in the modern world, yet her heart belongs to Jesus. She wants to follow him, to become a saint and go to heaven - just like all those holy children she's always been told about. So Maria goes through 14 stations, just like Jesus did on his path to Golgatha, and reaches her goal in the end. Not even Christian, a boy she meets at school, can stop her, even if in another world, they might have become friends, or even more. Left behind is a broken family that finds comfort in faith, and the question if all these events were really so inevitable. STATIONS OF THE CROSS is an indictment and, at the same time, the legend of a saint. It's a story of religion, devotion and radical faith, and the film itself comes along just as radical as the subject matter, telling the story in only 14 fixed-angle long shots, allowing the viewer to contemplate the interactions on screen in an entirely different way than in a traditional film.

An interesting review
Religious and children, is sometime uncool.
7/10
Author: Reno Rangan from Somewhere in the Cosmos
30 July 2015
It was surprisingly an amazing movie. Related to the religious thing, but science had a fair amount of display in the narration. You don't have to be religious to watch this film. You know I enjoyed the movie as a subject that portrayed in a conflict manner. In the end, whatever happen or wins are the best conclusion for a cinematic story. The contents are supposed to be the path the human walked through the past 2000 years, not on the interest to raise the issue. The film was clear on the matter, that is how the movie had the upper hand to receive respect everywhere.

The story was told in the multiple episodes. The story deals on the basis of the each episode's title that I can clearly say it had something to do with the Christian faith. Because it follows the same order. Since I don't belong to any, it became a study material. From the introduction to the conclusion, it was well maintained pace, that is slow. But in the middle, I was almost drifted away from my concentration. Somehow managed to hold back my position like I always do and finished watching it by liking it very much.

You can take the movie and its contents in many angles. It is up to you, but either way the movie succeeds in balancing and revealing the facts. Leaves you make your own verdict, because you know what's right and wrong being a human to believe in religion or in science, which both were the creation of ours. Sometimes these both do not require to understand life, just like the animals which survived alongside us for very long without civilization revolution, religious faith and proper law and order. The point is the one who understands the life and those who don't bother about knowing it, lives better than being confused between the line and seeks the shelter of religious.

An easiest camera work for the cinematographer. All he has to do was to place the lens in a right position and that's it, the rest would be monitored on the television screen where the director seated, I believe. Because there is no camera panning except in a couple of places, other than that it was motionless and the characters appears in the front to perform. The cast has to memorise the lines of those scenes that covers up to non-stop 10 minutes.

"My religion has put a ban on running in circles in a gym."

More like a stage play where setting for one frame (view) is always there and keeps changing for each scene with the different backgrounds what the script demands. My initial thought was, it might have been based on the play, but I still don't know the answer to that. Probably not, because it won an award for the script at the Berlin film festival. Yep, I loved the presentation, it was so cool and beautiful.

From this what I have learnt was the involvement of minors in the religious ceremony is kind of inhumane. It's okay to teach them, but some rituals and sacrifice are way beyond acceptable. Those innocent minds have no experience of the difficulty of life, they're yet to explore it. Being poor or someone in the family is very ill should not be the reason to force them to take part. It is the great issue in all the religion. I think physically and mentally affecting take part in the religious ceremony must not be allowed for the underage.

I had mild doubt over opting it to view in the earlier, but went for it to refresh from my regular kind of cinema and it did not fail to have my full attention, well I managed, did not I? I am happy I tried to have a different cinema, in fact the filmmakers given the distinct one, so I appreciate them. In the todays world, young film fanatics are addicted to either Hollywood/British or Korean films, but there are plenty of hidden gems in front of us that they're neglecting to have a glimpse. I would recommend this for the adults, they need to watch this more than children and young adults.

7/10
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Stations of the Cross (2014)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   14 likes

Starfish has verified this ed2k link:

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.47 Gb]
mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

monkeylog

Post by monkeylog »   1 likes

Yes it is, sorry about that; could had sworn I searched both names. :(
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Thanks, mimzy, didn't remember this. Threads merged. Better to have a duplicate once in awhile than miss something good.
monkeylog

Post by monkeylog »   1 likes

Thanks for moving it and the links, as both of Arts are down.

I want to mention that this is now available on dvd in the US with English subs.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   1 likes

Your top link is confirmed,Phuzz (Stations.of.the.Cross.2014.DVDRip.XviD.HORiZON-ArtSubs.avi [1.47 Gb])
[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

German language,no subs,even without understanding the dialogue it's quite easy to see this is a pretty boring and thoroughly depressing movie :cry: ,the caps depict the cheeriest bits (none)

my reccommendation to anyone looking for a nice movie.......look elsewhere
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Kreuzweg (2014)

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Thanks, starfish.